Royal Mail Customer Service Rant

16 hours ago, slh73 said:

I've lived in Sheffield for all 49 years of my life, my accent is as strong as anyone's, but I've never had any problem making myself understood by staff in overseas call centers, or non UK customers in my job. Maybe its not your accent that's your problem? 

Having friends that have done call center work, it's generally the client that's the issue. Based off his postings on here, I'd say he's a major "Karen" and speaks to them like they're dirt on his shoe, the fact he called them drones supports this entirely. 

That's usually why bad service is given. 

No doubt he'll come back and blame his disability though, another typical karenesque trait due to the inability to admit fault. 

• Like 3

17 hours ago, slh73 said:

I've lived in Sheffield for all 49 years of my life, my accent is as strong as anyone's, but I've never had any problem making myself understood by staff in overseas call centers, or non UK customers in my job. Maybe its not your accent that's your problem? 

I have.  Not often, but it's happened a time or two with overseas call centre staff when I've had to spell out my surname letter by letter.  My accent has softened a lot from being away so long and moving around a bit, but it's still Yorkshire.  I think it's the letter sounds mainly, which might be why Rich is having a problem with getting the call centre staff member to understand order numbers and postcodes.

Here's someone else who says she has a problem understanding northern accents: Strictly judge Motsi Mabuse says she can’t understand northern accents

“The thing is, you [Britons] all speak differently. Every time I’m in the country I really have to concentrate. Some people I just don’t know … I’m just like, ‘Are we speaking the same language?’” she said. “There’s a lot of accents here.”

During a chat about how she sometimes struggles to ensure she’s speaking the correct language while on the BBC reality TV show, she claimed that the accents of people from the north are so difficult for her that she requires fellow judge Craig Revel Horwood to translate.

“I really struggle with people that come from the north. I’m like, can you please translate at this point? It’s so strong, I just don’t understand, really. I’m being honest.”

A particular problem, apparently, was series 19 contestant AJ Odudu. In response to a question about whether she struggled with Odudu’s Blackburn dialect, Mabuse responded:

“Yes! Yes, yes, yes. But there have been quite a few people from the north, so I’m always asking Craig. I’m just trying to understand … but it’s not easy.”

No rant about the phone lines, but stuff like this annoys me. 48-72 hours my arse. Been sat at Brightside since the early hours of Sunday morning and hasnt moved an inch since, why? The snow has all gone and there hasnt been a strike

fWSOW1Q.jpg

Just now, HeHasRisen said:

No rant about the phone lines, but stuff like this annoys me. 48-72 hours my arse. Been sat at Brightside since the early hours of Sunday morning and hasnt moved an inch since, why? The snow has all gone and there hasnt been a strike

Spoiler

fWSOW1Q.jpg

Reminds me when I ordered something from a shop in California. 

It was sat in a warehouse at LAX for over a week. When I enquired it was "quarantined by Homeland". 

This was in 2002 and it was a box with plastic and wires....:hihi:

• Haha 1

I'm still  trying to get an answer to this. for about the last year or sowe have been getting all our mail in two goes per week, I'e never a single letter every day or couple of days, sometimes only one delivery of about six letters once a week.  Now I don't see how that's possible unless they are saving them up and bringing them in one go, so my question is are they bringing them in one go after saving them up for a while?  Also has anyone a clue why if I post on my Chromebook, like now It's always in bold which I can't seem to get rid of?

On 16/03/2023 at 13:36, HeHasRisen said:

fWSOW1Q.jpg

Still hasnt moved from Sheffield MC (which I assume is Brightside) since the early hours of last Saturday night/Sunday morning.

Beyond a joke. What I assume is happening is stuff is piling on top of it and they are dealing with the newer stuff first rather than the older stuff.

Edited by HeHasRisen