Whatsapp To Become Illegal In Uk Under Online Safety Bill Plans

17 minutes ago, melthebell said:

Yes i dont know

Snipped 

Fair enough. Thanks for being honest.

17 minutes ago, melthebell said:

Snipped

but i do know they will use anything that helps them not getting caught, that includes everything thats encrypted.

Snipped 

Let's ban everything then, just in case.

Also, let's give government all the incription algorithms (?) of all message, phone and text services just in case.

20 minutes ago, melthebell said:

Snipped 

Im trying to put more thought into the issue rather than that, its a complex issue, with different layers of freedoms and safety

My bold

On this we agree.

21 minutes ago, melthebell said:

Snipped 

the flip side just to shout freedom of speech freedom of speech and believe anything opposite what the government does is baby talk.

Snipped 

Call it baby talk if you like, freedom of speech, freedom to have privacy etc are important.

We should protect them should we not? 

5 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Call it baby talk if you like, freedom of speech, freedom to have privacy etc are important.

We should protect them should we not? 

Why are they important?

Are they more important than the freedom to not be raped? Or otherwise sexually abused? Or tortured? Or enslaved?

Should the perpetrators of crimes like these be protected by Meta?

Where would you put your freedom balance?

4 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

If you don't know then I can't help you. 

You clearly can’t help anyone, because you avoided the complex issues that I raised in my post.

Lets make it easy, I’ll shout STUPID at you. You shout SNIP at me. 

And I’ll go and find somebody more interesting to talk to.

You can stay here and carry on with your tired old shtick.

Edited by Prettytom

6 minutes ago, Prettytom said:

Snipped 

Are they more important than the freedom to not be raped? Or otherwise sexually abused? Or tortured? Or enslaved?

Snipped 

If Whatsapp is so terrible and dangerous then ban it.

Simple. 

Making it possible for government to read ordinary law abiding citizens private messages because a tiny minority of wronguns use it is overkill and wrong. 

1 minute ago, Prettytom said:

You

Snipped 

Bye then 👋

Edited by The_DADDY

2 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

If Whatsapp is so terrible and dangerous then ban it.

Simple. 

Making it possible for government to read ordinary law abiding citizens private messages because a tiny minority of wronguns use it is overkill and wrong. 

Bye then 👋

But using messages as evidence in trials is well established and useful.

8 minutes ago, Prettytom said:

But using messages as evidence in trials is well established and useful.

Yes, I know and a family member had cause to go to the police sometime ago regarding messages on whatsapp. 

She handed in her phone, the police screen grabbed all the messages, job done.

No need at all for everyone else's security to be compromised by allowing government access to it on a whim.

Look, to be clear, I'm not completely against some form of mechanisms for extreme cases where access to a phone and messages is needed.

I just don't trust our lots motives and I certainly don't believe for a second it will be restricted to only hardened criminals etc.

It will be a golden key that opens the door into all our lives whether we like it or not.

Today, let's stop people traffickers and nonces..

Tomorrow,  let's start arresting people for wrong think. 

5 minutes ago, melthebell said:

see

Snipped 

See what?

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Yes, I know and a family member had cause to go to the police sometime ago regarding messages on whatsapp. 

She handed in her phone, the police screen grabbed all the messages, job done.

No need at all for everyone else's security to be compromised by allowing government access to it on a whim.

Look, to be clear, I'm not completely against some form of mechanisms for extreme cases where access to a phone and messages is needed.

I just don't trust our lots motives and I certainly don't believe for a second it will be restricted to only hardened criminals etc.

It will be a golden key that opens the door into all our lives whether we like it or not.

Today, let's stop people traffickers and nonces..

Tomorrow,  let's start arresting people for wrong think. 

See what?

If you check back, you’ll see that I suggested that it should require three High Court judges to demand release of encrypted messages. 

I agree that we are all entitled to reasonable privacy. As ever though, there is a balance to strike between individual privacy and protection of individuals from crime. 

Both are civil liberty issues.

Edited by Prettytom