Barnsley V Sheffield Wednesday Fc

bassett one

6 hours ago, Hotmale 1954 said:

Kieran Lee as well. He's doing a great job at Bolton. My choice for 'keeper, Ben Foster (39) has signed for Wrexham. I'm not blaming Dawson (only 99%), but the first goal of any game is important.

Cam's ok  but he's not as reliable as a quality 'keeper should be.

If the first goal hadn't been gifted to them, the whole game would have been different (obviously).

Wildsmith wasn't good enough either. A steady 'keeper is very important.

Dawson since returning to the side has been nothing short of fantastic.  One mistake should not take away how great his form is.

7 hours ago, Hotmale 1954 said:

Not to be pedantic  but I think The Owls were The Blades in those days.

Some prune will research it and belittle me very soon, I'm sure.

And I don't think our area was South Yorkshire either.

I thought I'd mention it before a predator did. 🙂

It goes in circles to be fair.

Owls are the top dogs for a period of time.

Then the Blades are the top dogs for a period of time.

I've been following SUFC for 40 odd years, and its swayed once or twice in that space of time.

Edited by PapaLazarou
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, staninoodle said:

If you watch that 1st goal again, youl see Famewo just trotting back to cover behind Dawson, he should have read the danger and RACED back to cover.

Flint plays a suicide ball to Vaulks whose already got men closing him down when he should have hammered it down the pitch and cleared the danger, it was as bad as passing to a red shirt 

Its all history now, mistakes were made and got punished

Yeah, I know. I just thought Dawson had played enough times now to have stopped himself going out so wide. If he'd really committed and dived at his feet, with conviction (he set off like a train  then slowed down) they probably wouldn't have scored. If he'd stayed between the sticks, they definitely wouldn't have scored. Yes, I know it was a mistake, but it was a schoolboy type of mistake. As for Flint? Nobody knows what he was thinking. And he's nearly 50!! 🤣

Edited by Hotmale 1954

Looking like at least two weeks before JW and GB's injuries can be fully assessed so I'd be surprised if we see them again this season, as good as JW is I think we should be ok up front but Byers is a huge miss and he Vaulks and Bannan are a fantastic trio who complement each other well.