Barnsley V Sheffield Wednesday Fc

bassett one

1 hour ago, Alextopman said:

A Wednesday match thread and these two are talking about the best team in Sheffield Dem Blades.

And they are obviously unaware of how amusing it is for Owls to talk about Blades honours boards when they had a plaque on the outside of the ground as you walk around from Leppings Lane down the side of the river.

It commemorated the Boxing Day Massacre. United however never bothered with a plaque to commemorate the 7-3 win at the Lane.

There is little doubt about who is obsessed with who. 😉

• Like 2

1 hour ago, m williamson said:

And they are obviously unaware of how amusing it is for Owls to talk about Blades honours boards when they had a plaque on the outside of the ground as you walk around from Leppings Lane down the side of the river.

It commemorated the Boxing Day Massacre. United however never bothered with a plaque to commemorate the 7-3 win at the Lane.

There is little doubt about who is obsessed with who. 😉

It's all about Dem best in Sheffield Blades.

• Like 2

Sounds like Byers, James, Windass and Gregory are all in with a shout of being fit for this one. Certainly hope so, they're needed.  Moore reckons Byers is 50/50 though and we know what that means don't we? He doesn't play. If not i'd give Bakinson or Adeniran the nod over Fizz who isn't covering himself in glory. We certainly need at least one of Gregory, Windass or Wilkes fit as well or Smith going to be busy.

7 hours ago, top4718 said:

I think a reasonable strength Owls side should beat Barnsley, the injuries are a concern though, Iorfa being back is a bonus though as this frees Palmer up and he's a better player in the side than Hunt.

Go to to agree,thought Hunt coming back would be a plus but he’s not been as good as I thought he would,would you bring Johnson back?

Drawing with any of the top teams will do fine, however I’m expecting the unexpected in respect of one or two of the bottom half teams. I also have a reoccurring nightmare that we will need a positive last game of the season result for automatic promotion, with Derby needing the same for a play-offs spot.

Come on you OWLS.

3 hours ago, ukdobby said:

Go to to agree,thought Hunt coming back would be a plus but he’s not been as good as I thought he would,would you bring Johnson back?

I would for this game, Palmer on the right. Seems to be the best combo.  I'm not even sure how many games James has played at wing back for us, seems to of excelled at lcb.

Edited by NERVY-OWL