Siren Type Alerts To Be Sent To Uk Phones-Floods/Wildfires.

3 minutes ago, top4718 said:

Totally different context, that's to test an already tried and trusted system to make sure all sounders and detectors are working etc. ☺️

how do you get a tried and trusted system without trying it via tests?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just found this, seems it was made by US company Everbridge?

https://www.eenewseurope.com/en/the-us-tech-behind-the-uk-and-european-emergency-alerts/

and seems a lot of European countries are getting alert systems not just us, seems we'd be left behind if we didnt. Also mentions possible reasons for the outage of certain networks.

1 minute ago, melthebell said:

how do you get a tried and trusted system without trying it via tests?

You really are dim, I'm not and have never disputed the test, the whole system isn't needed, wasn't worth £22m and the judging by how much a failure it was despite similar working systems being available for reference.

If your happy for tax money to be wasted like this (and probably going into Tory pockets) don't complain when other far more worthwhile things don't get the investment they need

2 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Check and mate. 

Nah sorry, keep trying.

3 minutes ago, melthebell said:

I'm not the 4 year old needing ever more simplistic ideas why testing is needed

"Channel 5 spent tens of millions on getting the channel ready for launch on Easter Sunday 1997 so it should have worked straight off the bat, with absolutely no need for weeks of test transmissions first given channels 1 through 4 worked fine" 

Edited by HeHasRisen
  • Like 1

Just found Everbridges site, and on their own map it includes the whole of the UK

https://www.everbridge.com/uk/products/public-warning/

Strangely this from 2021 says it was successfully deployed??

https://www.everbridge.com/newsroom/article/everbridge-announces-successful-deployment-of-national-public-warning-system-for-the-united-kingdom-uk-to-protect-over-100-million-residents-and-visitors/

I presume the infrastructure was installed ready? and 2023 was the actual testing phase?

Edited by melthebell

10 hours ago, melthebell said:

I'm not the 4 year old needing ever more simplistic ideas why testing is needed

You,re not intelligent enough to come up with your own responses either and have just piggy backed someone else's that are irrelevant as I've already explained it's not the testing that's the issue, grow up man.

Edited by top4718
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1