Siren Type Alerts To Be Sent To Uk Phones-Floods/Wildfires.

If I were a dastardly ego maniac with evil intent,  access to nuclear weapons and the authority and desire to order Armageddon to commence I would time the first attack to coincide with the emergency alert test in order to bring about the utmost devastation with people ignoring the warning because it's " Only a test ".

Fortunately for us all there is no one who fits that description in such a powerful position, so we can all relax.

Just now, m williamson said:

If I were a dastardly ego maniac with evil intent,  access to nuclear weapons and the authority and desire to order Armageddon to commence I would time the first attack to coincide with the emergency alert test in order to bring about the utmost devastation with people ignoring the warning because it's " Only a test ".

Fortunately for us all there is no one who fits that description in such a powerful position, so we can all relax.

Hope the emergency vehicles and first responders can cope with the curtain peepers who'll drive by for just a quick look, and maybe a selfie!

And, of course the odd malicious false alarm by kids, or even teachers who would like a day off!  :)

2 minutes ago, trastrick said:

Hope the emergency vehicles and first responders can cope with the curtain peepers who'll drive by for just a quick look, and maybe a selfie!

And, of course the odd malicious false alarm by kids, or even teachers who would like a day off!  :)

What has that got to do with the subject of this topic, please?

Just now, RollingJ said:

What has that got to do with the subject of this topic, please?

Let's say the emergency is a fire. Or a collapsed building. There are folks who are drawn to such things with their cameras, to "share".

Then there are those who don't have a phone or the radio on, who might be headed to that general location.

I'm just being whimsical here!  :)

Edited by trastrick

3 minutes ago, trastrick said:

Let's say the emergency is a fire. Or a collapsed building. There are folks who are drawn to such things with their cameras, to "share".

Then there are those who don't have a phone or the radio on, who might be headed to that general location.

I'm just being whimsical here!  :)

You do realise this is a trial - the service is not active, and in any case, although I  haven't looked into the details, I am assuming that it will only be used for major incidents affecting a wide area, not local bin fires.

Just now, RollingJ said:

You do realise this is a trial - the service is not active, and in any case, although I  haven't looked into the details, I am assuming that it will only be used for major incidents affecting a wide area, not local bin fires.

Ok!

2 hours ago, m williamson said:

The authorities will have made plans should those with evil intent such as Irish republican terrorists launch an attack.

8 minutes ago, Axe said:

The authorities will have made plans should those with evil intent such as Irish republican terrorists launch an attack.

Nobody would deny that the authorities have done their best over the years regarding acts of terrorism and have had many successes.

There have been times though,  when our best laid plans have not been good enough and equally so with responses too,  so I wouldn't rest too easily on that score.

It's not nice to see Irish problems escalating again and that's a very big responsibility for those tasked with our security.

44 minutes ago, Axe said:

Pathetic comment.

Why would genuine republicans do that?  They've achieved what they want, the politicaly agreed mechanism enshrined in the GFA to ensure a reunited Ireland and the agreement to hold border polls ( ongoing if necessary ) until such a time as the country is reunited.

It's over, just a matter of time. No need to use violence anymore.

Those who use violence in Northern Ireland at this time are basically gangsters using their supposed ideology as an excuse. That applies to both groups.

In fact why don't you educate yourself about what happened instead of running off at the mouth about something you obviously know next to nothing about?

The British army Chief of Staff General Mike Jackson ( a Sheffielder ) ordered an internal army inquiry into the Troubles and the results from the army point of view. The report was never intended for the public to see but was obtained using the Freedom of Information Act.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk/6276416.stm

Read paragraph 7 which provides the armys opinion of the various combatants involved. After you've done that do yourself a favour and stop proving to everyone what an ill-informed clown you are.

2 hours ago, m williamson said:

Pathetic comment.

Why would genuine republicans do that?  They've achieved what they want, the politicaly agreed mechanism enshrined in the GFA to ensure a reunited Ireland and the agreement to hold border polls ( ongoing if necessary ) until such a time as the country is reunited.

It's over, just a matter of time. No need to use violence anymore.

Those who use violence in Northern Ireland at this time are basically gangsters using their supposed ideology as an excuse. That applies to both groups.

In fact why don't you educate yourself about what happened instead of running off at the mouth about something you obviously know next to nothing about?

The British army Chief of Staff General Mike Jackson ( a Sheffielder ) ordered an internal army inquiry into the Troubles and the results from the army point of view. The report was never intended for the public to see but was obtained using the Freedom of Information Act.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk/6276416.stm

Read paragraph 7 which provides the armys opinion of the various combatants involved. After you've done that do yourself a favour and stop proving to everyone what an ill-informed clown you are.

It was you who brought the possibility  of dastardly ego maniac with evil intent and then stated fortunately for us there is no one who fits that description. Terrorism fits that description and given that the terrorism threat level in Northern has been raised from substantial to severe , meaning an attack is highly likely. The terrorists calling themselves the new IRA are the group that worries MI5.

I never stated genuine republicans would do that,  You are clearly a terrorist sympathiser otherwise you would have acknowledged there is a threat from Irish republican terrorists.

Edited by Axe