Siren Type Alerts To Be Sent To Uk Phones-Floods/Wildfires.

2 hours ago, Becky B said:

I might be stating the bleeding obvious here, but if you're phone isn't connected to a 4G/5G network, you won't get the alert.

Seems to be a very simple solution staring us in the face...

Are people aware that they don't have to be connected to the internet at all times?

Or have I missed something?

You've missed something. 4G/5G are levels of the GSM phone standard - they don't just cover data connections. The alert system doesn't use the data connection so disconnecting from the internet won't stop you from receiving the alert. Even if you turn your phone off/switch your phone to aeroplane mode/stick it in the fridge/move somewhere with only a 2G network/whatever, you'll just receive the alert the next time you let it connect to the mobile network via a 4G/5G connection.

The only way to stop emergency alerts is to disable them in your phone's settings.

5 hours ago, Becky B said:

I might be stating the bleeding obvious here, but if you're phone isn't connected to a 4G/5G network, you won't get the alert.

Seems to be a very simple solution staring us in the face...

Are people aware that they don't have to be connected to the internet at all times?

Or have I missed something?

mines just gone off with it and ive got the wifi AND data switched off

1 minute ago, hackey lad said:

Well, that was a bit of a damp squib 

Thats exactly what come to my mind fella, lol, it also stays at whatever volume your phones at, mine was pretty quiet, and across the room so only just heard it, pressed ok...thats it