Women, Have You Been Sterilised, Did You Regret It?

It's a strange thing to ask I know but the subject recently came up where I was asked if sterilisation was a good idea.

To be honest I had no idea if it was or not so declined to answer but it did get me thinking.

The person is quite young so I suggested giving it a few years to see how she feels then but she seems adamant.

No kids ever! 

My fear though is that she's adamant now but what if she regrets it? 

Can it be reversed or is it a decision that cannot be undone?

Your (sensible) thoughts? 

4 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

It's a strange thing to ask I know but the subject recently came up where I was asked if sterilisation was a good idea.

To be honest I had no idea if it was or not so declined to answer but it did get me thinking.

The person is quite young so I suggested giving it a few years to see how she feels then but she seems adamant.

No kids ever! 

My fear though is that she's adamant now but what if she regrets it? 

Can it be reversed or is it a decision that cannot be undone?

Your (sensible) thoughts? 

My thoughts are you have too much time on your hands which enables you to do much thinking. 

Guest sibon
13 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Where as you are rushed off your feet so have no time to do any?

It isn’t time that he lacks …

35 minutes ago, pattricia said:

My brother in law was a consultant surgeon at The Northern General. One of the sterilisations he did was vasectomies. Men didn’t seem upset about having it done, but some women who had abortions regretted it afterwards.

Yeah its a simple procedure for men, it hurts a lil bit but not that bad, and easily reversed

• Like 1

It's never been a question that's come up for me, having only been in the position where it might have been an issue for short periods...

But I've never wanted children, and I think I'm at the age now where I might be considered to have "grown out of it" - (i.e. I am older and I haven't changed my mind...)

I think it would take away some of the stresses of long-term contraception.

• Like 1