Radnansky Shop

I have just been searching part of my family tree and I hit a brick wall, after talking with a potential relative I did a Google search of my grandmothers maiden name. This is where I found this site and read that some people remember a gentleman called Julius Radnansky (my great grand uncle) and his wife Rosa. To say how lovely and heart warming it has been to read how some of the members of this group remember his shop and him as a person is an understatement. Thank you for sharing your memories on here and keeping parts of history alive. 

If anyone has any pictures, memories etc that they would like to share with me and others who are trying to connect the dots to this side of their family I would be very grateful.  

18 minutes ago, SewingRoots said:

I have just been searching part of my family tree and I hit a brick wall, after talking with a potential relative I did a Google search of my grandmothers maiden name. This is where I found this site and read that some people remember a gentleman called Julius Radnansky (my great grand uncle) and his wife Rosa. To say how lovely and heart warming it has been to read how some of the members of this group remember his shop and him as a person is an understatement. Thank you for sharing your memories on here and keeping parts of history alive. 

If anyone has any pictures, memories etc that they would like to share with me and others who are trying to connect the dots to this side of their family I would be very grateful.  

Second hand shop/clothes dealer 306/308 Langsett Road, remember the shop window packed with old clothes, opposite side of Langsett was Patnick's similar second hand shop.

• Like 1

On 22/03/2023 at 08:30, Kidorry said:

I can remember a man down our road getting a suit from Rasdnanskys. It was a demob suit that was given to soldiers when they left the forces, way back. It was brown with  bold white stripes .

• 2 weeks later...