KP Nuts

Who is that we're missing now?

Ihiekwe

Heneghan

Byers

Windass 

Wilkes

Paterson

I know it's all in the past now but I can't help feeling we should have tried harder to keep Luongo, he started for Ipswich last Saturday. He'd be ideal to have now.

we knew in jan we needed 3 players ,with a small squad ,despite older team players that always tale longer to get well,he as in darren should of tried a bit harder to replace the injured players and if it cost so what,but he decided to risk it and if it costs us promotion that would be a tragedy.to bring in a freeby by the time they are fit its to late.so in my opion its down to darren,lets hope we get through this and go up.

5 hours ago, bassett one said:

we knew in jan we needed 3 players ,with a small squad ,despite older team players that always tale longer to get well,he as in darren should of tried a bit harder to replace the injured players and if it cost so what,but he decided to risk it and if it costs us promotion that would be a tragedy.to bring in a freeby by the time they are fit its to late.so in my opion its down to darren,lets hope we get through this and go up.

Yep, he left us a bit light didn't he. Having said that, looking back I thought Fizz would be stepping up to be honest. Now I look at the 3 replacements for Byers in as Fizz, Adeniran and Bakinson and I just hope they can prove me wrong but they all worry me.

13 minutes ago, NERVY-OWL said:

We really could do with getting off to a great start on Sunday so we can give the shipton lad a full half rather than a few minutes, see what he's about if we could lose Byers for the remainder of the season.

If they beat us we're doomed, doomed I tell you. We need that tackler/ ball winner in midfield, sounds like Byers is out for best part of the remainder of the season. Darren needs to have a little think to himself and sort it out with the players he's got for the tougher games if Byers isn't there. I'd play Palmer on the right side of the back 3, Hunt as right wing back and release Big Dom between Bannan and Vaulks. He'll not do that though, he'll stick with Fizz/Adeniran/Bakinson and so reducing us to 10 men, unless he manages to get a rocket up Fizz's backside. The lads got it in him somewhere.

7 minutes ago, KP Nuts said:

If they beat us we're doomed, doomed I tell you. We need that tackler/ ball winner in midfield, sounds like Byers is out for best part of the remainder of the season. Darren needs to have a little think to himself and sort it out with the players he's got for the tougher games if Byers isn't there. I'd play Palmer on the right side of the back 3, Hunt as right wing back and release Big Dom between Bannan and Vaulks. He'll not do that though, he'll stick with Fizz/Adeniran/Bakinson and so reducing us to 10 men, unless he manages to get a rocket up Fizz's backside. The lads got it in him somewhere.

Giving Iorfa a go in midfield is something I've thought for a while might be an idea. Byers being out might be an ideal time but he'll probably still stick with what he knows.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NERVY-OWL said:

Giving Iorfa a go in midfield is something I've thought for a while might be an idea. Byers being out might be an ideal time but he'll probably still stick with what he knows.

Yes, I think you're right but I'd give it a go.

27 minutes ago, top4718 said:

I thought the lack of incoming players in January could come back to haunt us and it still might, heard Wilks could be back for the weekend, not a great player but at least something different up front.

That's great news if he is. I thought he was really coming along prior to getting injured. What he does off is some pace which Gregory and Smith just don't have. If we get him back we just need to get a tune out of Fizz/Adeniran/Bakinson. Not easy I know.