Help With Driving Test .

I think the learner driver misunderstood the instruction from the examiner when he asked him/her/it to undertake a manoeuvre so that the car would end up facing in the opposite direction!๐Ÿ˜†

ย 

echo.

• Haha 2

53 minutes ago, Thug Life said:

Oooooooooo Daddy that's terrible parking ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Would you like some parking lessons?ย 

20240816_175057.jpg

You little bleeder ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

ย 

Tbf though that's better than usual for me ๐Ÿ˜ฌ

2 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

You little bleeder ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

ย 

Tbf though that's better than usual for me ๐Ÿ˜ฌ

ย 

It's disgraceful!

ย 

You should lead by example with your daughter, or take her up on the offer ;)ย 

• Haha 2

Just now, zach said:

ย 

It's disgraceful!

ย 

You should lead by example with your daughter, or take her up on the offer ;)ย 

I'm booked in for an hours lesson with her tomorrow.ย 

I mean, why fight it? My parking is appalling ๐Ÿ˜ช

On 15/08/2024 at 14:01, Thug Life said:

Hi no not yet but I don't get a car until about January so until then I'm still having 1 driving lesson a week to keep active and learn new stuff like motorway driving. I can't wait to get behind the wheel of my own car though ๐Ÿ˜Šโค๏ธ

That shows good sense and a genuine willingness to learn more; I do wish more folk would do similar.
I was only a month or two after my car test before I bought the Landrover, but was always out and about on the motorbike, so familiar with road sense anyway.
It didn't take long to realise driving a Landrover is rather different to the Peugeot 205 that my instructor used. ๐Ÿ™‚
A possible thought, which you may have already had, when the clocks change an it gets dark early, tray and arrange for one of your lessons after lighting up time; not so important for city driving, but it's quite different when there's no streetlights.
Hope all goes well for you.
ย 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 16/08/2024 at 19:46, peak4 said:

That shows good sense and a genuine willingness to learn more; I do wish more folk would do similar.
I was only a month or two after my car test before I bought the Landrover, but was always out and about on the motorbike, so familiar with road sense anyway.
It didn't take long to realise driving a Landrover is rather different to the Peugeot 205 that my instructor used. ๐Ÿ™‚
A possible thought, which you may have already had, when the clocks change an it gets dark early, tray and arrange for one of your lessons after lighting up time; not so important for city driving, but it's quite different when there's no streetlights.
Hope all goes well for you.
ย 

Sorry for taking a long time to reply. I'll ask my driving instructor about lessons in the dark because I have drove in sun rain snow and ice but never the dark so thank you for such a good idea โค๏ธ

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Thug Life said:

Sorry for taking a long time to reply. I'll ask my driving instructor about lessons in the dark because I have drove in sun rain snow and ice but never the dark so thank you for such a good idea โค๏ธ

Just drive with your eyes closed .

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Just drive with your eyes closed .

We've done that in the past when setting out Landrover trials/gymkhanas; basically drive slowly between canes on rough ground, maybe with a tennis ball on a deep plate on the bonnet.
Driver completely blindfold, with instructions on throttle, gears and steering from the navigator.
It's actually quite fun so long as you trust each other.
Speaking of which, does anyone remember the 1997 rally GB with McRae driving in the dark, with no lights in thick fog.
CoDriver Grist told him to leave the lights off, as they were dazzling them, and "Just drive it normally" on the pace notes alone; now that's trust.
I can't find the full in car video online anymore, but there's a bit in this oneย 

ย