Have The French Got The Right Idea?

8 hours ago, PRESLEY said:

I'm having my doubts about Starmer just lately.   At first I believed in the bloke but something about him doesn't ring true,  A lot of people will disagree with my idea of Andy Burnham being the right man mainly because he is in touch with hardships this Goverment has made people suffer over the years.  

I believe that the media have been out to get anyone Labour for years.

They like Andy Burnham, but they would turn against him if he was the Labour leader.

People post about Starmer when he was the CPS leader, blame him whether he was at fault or not.

10 hours ago, PRESLEY said:

Polls are fixed to miss lead,  true polls would show the real dislike for Charles and  Camilla, the real dislike for Andrew and the real dislike for Harry,  so shove  your propaganda to  the mugs who believe it.  The Forum is the best poll, see how many post in the past have been  against the Royals I have mentioned, there are more against than for.  :roll:

That's actually quite funny.

Polls are incorrect when they make you a minority!!

Spoken like a true lefty.

😂😂

10 hours ago, Organgrinder said:

I wouldn't get carried away by the results of any YouGov poll.

Any poll where people please themselves whether they are included or not, can only give a bit of an indication anyway.

I think that they dare not have a proper vote on it because they know there is a good chance that that the royals would have to go.

Unfortunately, I also believe that if we were a republic, the man in the street would still get taken for a ride with Trump-like presidents.

Yes mate, you have nailed it correctly there.

Deluded.

Can't believe politicians, can't believe polls, can't believe the media, can't believe companies, can't believe the BBC,

Can't believe the newspapers, can't believe social media...

Is there anybody left we can trust? 

Where do we get our information from now? 

13 minutes ago, Anna B said:

Can't believe politicians, can't believe polls, can't believe the media, can't believe companies, can't believe the BBC,

Karen and Brian from Southey.

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Anna B said:

On here   😀

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Al Bundy said:

😂😂

Deluded.

I said,

I think that they dare not have a proper vote on it ( becoming a Republic )  because they know there is a good chance that that the royals would have to go.

Unfortunately, I also believe that if we were a republic, the man in the street would still get taken for a ride with Trump-like presidents.

Line 1 - People have been asking for a vote to become a republic for years.  Why Haven't they - because they daren't.  That's not deluded, you are

Line 2 - Is that deluded too.

Why don't you finally get round to explaining yourself instead of a one word answer?

Because you don't have an argument to put up so,   like a typical tory, you refuse to accept the truth.  No wonder you were a fan of Boris.  Talk about pathetic

2 hours ago, Anna B said:

This right wing tory government doesn't want you to have anyone you can trust so they rope all their rich pals into their devious plots, BBC, right wing press etc

They mistakenly think, this will keep them in power, but not a chance.

They are back to the promises again now. We'll stop the boat people, we'll stop anti social behaviour, we'll stop crime etc etc etc

Every PM who takes over says it and what will happen?  NOTHING

To Them - nothing succeeds like failure

Edited by Organgrinder

13 hours ago, L00b said:

I’m just back from a week in Barbados (for a family wedding, multi-year planning & saving, before anyone starts).

Colonialist-style social chasm between (mostly white) land-owning Bayans and (mostly non-white) other Bayans is alive and well, let me tell you.

You don’t even get the smiles for a photo, there. Unless you pay. Lots. Precious little of which ends up with those ‘other’ Bayans.

Never seen it so flagrant anywhere else in the Caribbean.hat 

Very true.

Pretty much the same in many of our immediate neighboring Caribbean countries. like our closest, Puerto Rico, Cuba, Haiti.

Similar populations, similar natural resources, just different governments.

Like the difference between, North Korea and South Korea, the old East Germany and West Germany, Eastern and Western Europe, during the first Cold War, and of course, Haiti and Republica Dominica, who share the same Island., and many countries in Asia, the Middle East.

In the U.S,. the former administration shamelessly bragged about it's achievements, relative peace, strong military, low inflation, energy sufficiency, real wage growth for the average citizen.  while the current one shamelessly blames it's incompetence on everyone else.

There's a clue there, somewhere!  :)

(There's another clue in your need to explain and justify your well earned travel, above, so that your neighbors don't start up at you!)  :)

Edited by trastrick