Have The French Got The Right Idea?

9 minutes ago, PRESLEY said:

Well why say something really really  constructive like,  Cobblers then. :hihi:

Because you said the vast majority of this country don’t want a royal family .  That’s cobblers.

38 minutes ago, Mister Gee said:

If hackey was a French peasant in 1793 he would have happily been nibbling on his brioche crumbs whilst doffing his cap.

Apparently , my family is linked to French immigrants.

• Like 1

What do you bet we'd have all the Saudi royal families buying up our palaces,  our  football teams are being bought up already - and our car industry seems to have gone.

Edited by cressida

9 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Because you said the vast majority of this country don’t want a royal family .  That’s cobblers.

Apparently , my family is linked to French immigrants.

Sorry Hackey :thumbsup: but you have to admit,  a bit more than Cobblers would have helped me to know where you were coming from,  I honestly think after Prince Andrews sordid affairs and Harry's pampering to the Yankee Doodle Dandy plus a hell of a lot of  people do not like Camilla,  this has tarnished the Familys support these days.

3 minutes ago, Mister Gee said:

Zut alors!

Bless you 

2 minutes ago, PRESLEY said:

Sorry Hackey :thumbsup: but you have to admit,  a bit more than Cobblers would have helped me to know where you were coming from,  I honestly think after Prince Andrews sordid affairs and Harry's pampering to the Yankee Doodle Dandy plus a hell of a lot of  people do not like Camilla,  this has tarnished the Familys support these days.

No problem .  Some  of them have tarnished the rest of them .

29 minutes ago, cressida said:

What do you bet we'd have all the Saudi royal families buying up our palaces,  our  football teams are being bought up already - and our car industry seems to have gone.

The Palace of Versailles  - which is magnificent - is owned by the French Republic and managed by the French Ministry of Culture.

Fontainebleau is also owned by the French Republic along with another 900 Palaces and Chateaux. The country makes a fortune every year from visitors.

Not every country is prepared to sell its soul for thirty pieces of silver. 

1 hour ago, Organgrinder said:

Not cobblers at all.

Why are they so scared of letting us have a vote to see if we want to keep them?

Because they know the answer will be no.

Same reason as they won't let Scotland have another referendum.

keep cobblers ??????  have a vote .????