Have The French Got The Right Idea?

12 hours ago, Padders said:

So the French President takes part in a TV debate wearing a £70,000 BRV 1-92 model watch made by a French company Bell & 

Ross.

These are the sort of people telling us how to live our lives.

Stinks dunnit..

I have a Timex 

• Haha 1

Many of the posters on here are saying get them out, but, who put them in, Sheffield voters. To do many of the things people suggest, it is necessary for a vast majority to do that. I for what it is worth am very satisfied to live in Sheffield and would not live anywhere else.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Kidorry said:

Many of the posters on here are saying get them out, but, who put them in, Sheffield voters. To do many of the things people suggest, it is necessary for a vast majority to do that. I for what it is worth am very satisfied to live in Sheffield and would not live anywhere else.

If you are happy to live here then that's fine.  No one is pushing anything on those who are happy.

It is quite evident though, that very many  are upset with a lot  of the councils actions and to answer your question of who put them in   -  

They were elected by a minority because of our voting system which is set up to favour the politicians and needs to be changed but how do we force them to do it.

Only 35.9% turned out to vote in the last local election and obviously, even some of them didn't vote for this lot which means that the vast majority did not want them but here we are.

2 alterations needed.   Compulsory voting as many countries do and proportional representation instead of FPTP as we do now.

Edited by Organgrinder

On 25/03/2023 at 13:19, PRESLEY said:

Westy,  the vast majority of this country don't want a Royal family so why burden the disfunctional perverts on France who literally beheaded their lot.  :roll:

In May 2022, ahead of the Queen's Platinum Jubilee, another YouGov poll showed that only 31% of 18–24 year olds were in favour of the monarchy, compared to 66% of the population as a whole. Four months later, in the wake of the Queen's death, this figure stood firm at 67%.

Where did you get your assumption from PRESLEY?

24 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

In May 2022, ahead of the Queen's Platinum Jubilee, another YouGov poll showed that only 31% of 18–24 year olds were in favour of the monarchy, compared to 66% of the population as a whole. Four months later, in the wake of the Queen's death, this figure stood firm at 67%.

Polls are fixed to miss lead,  true polls would show the real dislike for Charles and  Camilla, the real dislike for Andrew and the real dislike for Harry,  so shove  your propaganda to  the mugs who believe it.  The Forum is the best poll, see how many post in the past have been  against the Royals I have mentioned, there are more against than for.  :roll:

34 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

I wouldn't get carried away by the results of any YouGov poll.

Any poll where people please themselves whether they are included or not, can only give a bit of an indication anyway.

I think that they dare not have a proper vote on it because they know there is a good chance that that the royals would have to go.

Unfortunately, I also believe that if we were a republic, the man in the street would still get taken for a ride with Trump-like presidents.

3 minutes ago, PRESLEY said:

Polls are fixed to miss lead,  true polls would show the real dislike for Charles and  Camilla, the real dislike for Andrew and the real dislike for Harry,  so shove  your propaganda to  the mugs who believe it.  The Forum is the best poll, see how many post in the past have been  against the Royals I have mentioned, there are more against than for.  :roll:

Yes mate, you have nailed it correctly there.

7 minutes ago, PRESLEY said:

What nonsense.   Those with a chip on their shoulder post anti Royal comments while those without a chip on their shoulder mostly just smile to themselves when reading the comments.

The forum also has many more anti Tory posts but surprise surprise more folk vote for the Tory party than any other party which is why they have been in government for nearly 13 years.

5 minutes ago, Axe said:

What nonsense.   Those with a chip on their shoulder post anti Royal comments while those without a chip on their shoulder mostly just smile to themselves when reading the comments.

The forum also has many more anti Tory posts but surprise surprise more folk vote for the Tory party than any other party which is why they have been in government for nearly 13 years.

Oh!  Here we go!  I knew it wouldn't be long before before Lancelot came charging in to save the day.  What a Wally you really are Westy.   P.S. your right,  there are more Tory post because its due to people telling it like it is about this incompetent, diabolical Goverment. :loopy:

1 minute ago, PRESLEY said:

Oh!  Here we go!  I knew it wouldn't be long before before Lancelot came charging in to save the day.  What a Wally you really are Westy.   P.S. your right,  there are more Tory post because its due to people telling it like it is about this incompetent, diabolical Goverment. :loopy:

I agree....as a conservative the Tories wont be getting my vote at the next election

Im not sure who i'll vote for......certainly not labour