Sheffield Is Awfull These Days

2 minutes ago, Planner1 said:

What were you expecting in a major city?

Sheffield Council parking is similarly priced to other large cities. Leeds is slightly more expensive. Most cities have time limits on their central area on street parking, usually 1 or 2 hours max. Sheffield doesn’t have those restrictions.

Parking slightly outside the central area halves the cost and it’s 90p an hour outside the inner ring road.

I'm not complaining, just commenting on the cost.

7 minutes ago, forgeman said:

Expensive it may have been but we cannot walk very far so chose the option we did.

Q Park Charles St is much nearer where you needed to be (the back entrance of the Town Hall, I assume?), if you enter before 10am two hours (paid for on exit, so no need to guess) would have saved you 44%.  Guessing you didnt need the 3 hours in the end.

And that was the first place I looked up. As I said, some research perhaps would have been ideal.

If you cant walk very far can you not get a blue badge?

Edited by HeHasRisen

5 minutes ago, forgeman said:

Expensive it may have been but we cannot walk very far so chose the option we did.

Further evidence of how the city goes down and down every year and the only answer is, every other city charges that.

Completely forgetting that every other city looks like a city with plenty of shops etc.

Another family lost to the city but still they don't get it.

1 minute ago, Organgrinder said:

Further evidence of how the city goes down and down every year and the only answer is, every other city charges that.

Completely forgetting that every other city looks like a city with plenty of shops etc.

Another family lost to the city but still they don't get it.

I mean, if you werent a fanny and had me on ignore I have posted an alternative that a) was nearer, and b) would have nearly halved the price. 

If you blindly drive into any large urban area without doing any research as to where to park, thats up to you. 

Edited by HeHasRisen

5 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Q Park Charles St is much nearer where you needed to be, if you enter before 10am two hours (paid for on exit, so no need to guess) would have saved you 44%. 

And that was the first place I looked up. As I said, some research perhaps would have been ideal.

If you cant walk very far can you not get a blue badge?

I'm not bad enough to qualify for a blue badge and neither is the wife.

43 minutes ago, makapaka said:

Ah the good old days in sheffield - ricketts and polio - the good old days.

The times you have repeated that same old stupid phrase that you picked up off a comedian.

How many people did you actually know in the good old days (yes they were) who had ricketts or polio?

How many people that you know have had coronavirus.

Why post if you don't have an argument and just use a stock phrase over & over?

16 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

Then you have no valid reason to complain.

Disagree.

That's why I want a 'none of the above' option. If this is above a certain amount, there has to be a public enquiry into the decisions the Council has made, and if they can't justify them to the satisfaction of the people involved in the enquiry (which would be mainly Sheffield citizens, interested parties, and necessary professionals,) the results would be published, and the guilty parties in the 'council cabinet' replaced and barred from re-election.

But I would also refer you to the previous post 64 .

Edited by Anna B

1 minute ago, Anna B said:

Disagree.

That's why I want a 'none of the above' option. If this is above a certain amount, there has to be a public enquiry into the decisions the Council has made, and if they can't justify them to the satisfaction of the people involved in the enquiry (which would be mainly Sheffield citizens, interested parties, and necessary professionals.) The results would be published, and the guilty parties in the 'council cabinet' replaced and barred from re-election.

Much as I would like to see all the current City councillors replaced (with who, though?) your 'plan' would lead to the total freezing of any plan/initiative - there is always someone who 'doesn't like it/thinks it's a bad idea.