Sheffield Is Awfull These Days

12 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

Further evidence of how the city goes down and down every year and the only answer is, every other city charges that.

Completely forgetting that every other city looks like a city with plenty of shops etc.

Another family lost to the city but still they don't get it.

It’s not another family lost though is it? 

The person who raised the comment said it was first time they’d been to city centre in years and only came in to visit registry office.

A city centre isn’t just about shops. There are many offices, businesses and lots of residents.

Guest makapaka
11 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

The times you have repeated that same old stupid phrase that you picked up off a comedian.

How many people did you actually know in the good old days (yes they were) who had ricketts or polio?

How many people that you know have had coronavirus.

Why post if you don't have an argument and just use a stock phrase over & over?

Post what I like ta.  Whats coronavirus got to do with owt.

let’s get back to those  good old days - like the two world wars and that.

10 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

Much as I would like to see all the current City councillors replaced (with who, though?) your 'plan' would lead to the total freezing of any plan/initiative - there is always someone who 'doesn't like it/thinks it's a bad idea.

That's why I referred to the 'cabinet' ie real decision makers in the council. 

Someone has to be held accountable, with something to lose.

There are others in the Council with fresh ideas to take their place. They don't usually get a look in.

I don't see why good plans/ initiatives should be 'frozen' if the new cabinet think they are a good idea. Maybe needs a fresh vote, but I don't know how independent individual councillors can be. 

Are they 'whipped' into supporting the party line? IMO they should all be able to vote independently depending on the efficacy of the idea/ proposal

Edited by Anna B

2 minutes ago, Anna B said:

That's why I referred to the 'cabinet' ie real decision makers in the council. 

Someone has to be held accountable, with something to lose.

There are others in the Council with fresh ideas to take their place. They don't usually get a look in.

I don't see why good plans/ initiatives should be 'frozen' if the new cabinet think they are a good idea. Maybe needs a fresh vote, but I don't know how independent individual councillors can be. 

Are they 'whipped' into supporting the party line? IMO they should all be able to vote independently depending on the efficacy of the idea.

Most councillors are in political parties and they have a structure and leadership.

They have “whips” and councillors are “persuaded” to toe the line on important matters. Sometimes it’s a free vote or they can occasionally go against the party line. You don’t go against the leadership if you want to progress to higher office. It’s the same as in parliament.

Just now, Planner1 said:

Most councillors are in political parties and they have a structure and leadership.

They have “whips” and councillors are “persuaded” to toe the line on important matters. Sometimes it’s a free vote or they can occasionally go against the party line. You don’t go against the leadership if you want to progress to higher office. It’s the same as in parliament.

And that's exactly what's wrong with it....

14 minutes ago, Planner1 said:

It’s not another family lost though is it? 

The person who raised the comment said it was first time they’d been to city centre in years and only came in to visit registry office.

A city centre isn’t just about shops. There are many offices, businesses and lots of residents.

Yes, it is another family lost.

You only quote the bits which suit your argument.

He also said     Never again will we go to town.

SCC are you listening to all the comments?

Do you want people to come once and decide they will never come again?

City centres are not just about shops but,  all other major cities have many more than Sheffield and that is what most visitors want.

SCC are you listening to these comments.

NO they just keep making excuses and pretending everything's fine and that's why we are in this state.

4 minutes ago, Anna B said:

And that's exactly what's wrong with it....

Exactly,  and then they try to tell us that they are there to represent us.

They are there to climb up the ladder by any means, fair or foul

So, what are we voting for?

Edited by Organgrinder