Hartley House Club Bellhouse Road

i recall loads of coachs at the end of torksey road as a kid when i used to stay at grannys,she lived at no 17,a big church woman and grandad was so so as he was in the submarines in ww1 ,never went in though as granny would not go in publics as she called them,yeah brings back memorys when i stayed fri lunch was from the chippy opposite the club,sat am me and grandad off past the club to the fruit/veg shop,then off to co-op for tub butter ect,then off to butchers,our jobs done we then went to concorde park and a lolly from the corner shop on the way home for grannys dinner,good days.

1 hour ago, bassett one said:

i recall loads of coachs at the end of torksey road as a kid when i used to stay at grannys,she lived at no 17,a big church woman and grandad was so so as he was in the submarines in ww1 ,never went in though as granny would not go in publics as she called them,yeah brings back memorys when i stayed fri lunch was from the chippy opposite the club,sat am me and grandad off past the club to the fruit/veg shop,then off to co-op for tub butter ect,then off to butchers,our jobs done we then went to concorde park and a lolly from the corner shop on the way home for grannys dinner,good days.

Hoskins........ best chippy in Sheffield.

yeah i can still taste them now,funny old world ,concorde park was great those days ,wonderfull flower beds and a great mini golf also firth park that was a great  park ,we also went once a year to a fun fair,always came back with a goldfish,yeah great days

• Like 1