Protesters

2 hours ago, The_DADDY said:

You posted this 👆

I said this 👆

Mr Predictable posted this 👆

I say this 👉🤣🤣🤣👈

Yeah they're so predictable

Totally disregarding the content even though one of the people in the interview is one of their own

Just shows how blinkered and narrow minded they all are

I guess that if its not in The Guardian then its not news 😁

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Jack Grey said:

Yeah they're so predictable

Totally disregarding the content even though one of the people in the interview is one of their own

Just shows how blinkered and narrow minded they all are

I guess that if its not in The Guardian then its not news 😁

I've told you before,  only you right wing Tories read the Guardian or the Observer,  for some strange reason.

I think you're trying to spy on the left, you daft ha'perths

I don't read any newspapers at all.

I have better things to do with my time and I don't let the self opinionated influencers,  influence me.

Edited by Organgrinder

5 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

I've told you before,  only you right wing Tories read the Guardian or the Observer,  for some strange reason.

I think you're trying to spy on the left, you daft ha'perths

I don't read any newspapers at all.

I have better things to do with my time and I don't let the self opinionated influencers,  influence me.

I really dont think that too many people on the right are reading the ultra woke Guardian 

But if you dont read newspapers then how do you know that GB News is not a reliable or reputable media outlet?

48 minutes ago, Jack Grey said:

I really dont think that too many people on the right are reading the ultra woke Guardian 

But if you dont read newspapers then how do you know that GB News is not a reliable or reputable media outlet?

Just by listening to the idiots on here who watch it and don't know what they are talking about.

Too many people take too much notice of the opinion formers in the media so, listen to the reliable news and form your own opinions.

BBC news & Sky news are truthful but you just have to allow  for bias, in respect of the government telling them how they want it slanting ( as against strikers etc )

and, during Covid,  putting the frighteners on to make people behave.  Sometimes, it's what they don't tell you that's more important.

True and dedicated experts in their field, such as David Attenborough, know what they are talking about and care what they are talking about.

Government ministers and "experts"  like scientists appointed by the government only give you the government slant on things .

Anybody referred to as "independent" by the government and appointed by the government, means they do do whatever stitch up the government tells them to do.

In other words, don't trust any lying so & so..

1 minute ago, Organgrinder said:

Just by listening to the idiots on here who watch it and don't know what they are talking about.

Too many people take too much notice of the opinion formers in the media so, listen to the reliable news and form your own opinions.

BBC news & Sky news are truthful but you just have to allow  for bias, in respect of the government telling them how they want it slanting ( as against strikers etc )

and, during Covid,  putting the frighteners on to make people behave.  Sometimes, it's what they don't tell you that's more important.

True and dedicated experts in their field, such as David Attenborough, know what they are talking about and care what they are talking about.

Government ministers and "experts"  like scientists appointed by the government only give you the government slant on things .

Anybody referred to as "independent" by the government and appointed by the government, means they do do whatever stitch up the government tells them to do.

I agree with most of that 

Apparently the government paid the media over £300m for marketing project fear during Covid

You can see why the media didnt want the pandemic to end and they did everything they could to drag it out for as long as possible

12 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

Basically you hear what pleases you and ignore anything else.

2 minutes ago, Jack Grey said:

I agree with most of that 

Apparently the government paid the media over £300m for marketing project fear during Covid

You can see why the media didnt want the pandemic to end and they did everything they could to drag it out for as long as possible

Exactly!

Governments have used propaganda to influence peoples thoughts and leanings for many many years,

With the rise of the media and instant communication in this modern age,  it's gotten much easier for them to do this.

Putin is the most outstanding example today but every government does it all the time now.

There was a news article last night about a British aircraft carrier that sank in British waters in 1943 which our government hushed up.

Most of it's crew were lost and the government wanted the relatives to think it had sunk due to enemy action which is why they didn't want people talking.

The cause was not enemy action but those at the top did not want to accept responsibility for what happened.

That kind of thing happens all the time but those at the top never pay a serious price for it in the same way that a working man would.

1 minute ago, Organgrinder said:

Exactly!

Governments have used propaganda to influence peoples thoughts and leanings for many many years,

With the rise of the media and instant communication in this modern age,  it's gotten much easier for them to do this.

Putin is the most outstanding example today but every government does it all the time now.

There was a news article last night about a British aircraft carrier that sank in British waters in 1943 which our government hushed up.

Most of it's crew were lost and the government wanted the relatives to think it had sunk due to enemy action which is why they didn't want people talking.

The cause was not enemy action but those at the top did not want to accept responsibility for what happened.

That kind of thing happens all the time but those at the top never pay a serious price for it in the same way that a working man would.

It is about moral and there is a phrase "not in the public interest "

If the UK manages to bring all greenhouse gas emissions to net zero in the next 10 years along with other EU countries. But Russian, China, India and a few other countries do nothing at all.  Will that be enough to stop the glaciers from melting?

Edited by hauxwell

8 minutes ago, harvey19 said:

Basically you hear what pleases you and ignore anything else.

You always turn up with a smart arse remark but no argument.

I hear everything and then think about what I've heard before I make my mind up.

I also differ from most on here because I am not stupid enough to think that MY PARTY, whether labour,  Conservative or anyone else, is right all the time and all the others are wrong all the time.

That is the reason why I do not support any party at all and have felt that way for a long time.

I would ask you not to butt into my posts unless you have some sort of an argument to make.  If you do have an argument then I will debate it with you.

Some people, are on ignore for this very same reason.  I have lots to do and don't have the time to waste on people who are only here to goad others and show their own lack of knowledge.

I am always happy to debate a debateable point and have done for a long time.

12 minutes ago, harvey19 said:

It is about moral and there is a phrase "not in the public interest "

There is no moral point at all there and very rarely is.  Governments the world over are not well known for having many morals at all.

The "not in the public interest" is government language for " the people will be angry if they get to know about this so don't let them know.