Protesters

3 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

You always turn up with a smart arse remark but no argument.

I hear everything and then think about what I've heard before I make my mind up.

I also differ from most on here because I am not stupid enough to think that MY PARTY, whether labour,  Conservative or anyone else, is right all the time and all the others are wrong all the time.

That is the reason why I do not support any party at all and have felt that way for a long time.

I would ask you not to butt into my posts unless you have some sort of an argument to make.  If you do have an argument then I will debate it with you.

Some people, are on ignore for this very same reason.  I have lots to do and don't have the time to waste on people who are only here to goad others and show their own lack of knowledge.

I am always happy to debate a debateable point and have done for a long time.

My remark was a sensible conclusion to what you have posted.

5 minutes ago, hauxwell said:

If the UK manages to bring all greenhouse gas emissions to net zero in the next 10 years along with other EU countries. But Russian, China, India and a few other countries do nothing at all.  Will that be enough stop the glaciers from melting?

If China, India and Russia do nothing at all, then everyone will pay the price.

Our emissions are tiny compared to those three but absolutely everyone needs to be making the effort.

One point to bear in mind is that they have something to lose if they don't follow our example.

Both China and India will lose vast tracts of their land to the sea and will not have room for the populations they have now, let alone a growing one.

By losing that land, they will also not have the land they need to grow crops and will start experiencing starvation very quickly.

Russia is losing it's permafrost which has never happened before.  I can't explain that adequately because I don't know a lot about that myself,

but that will release vast amount of carbon, speed up global warming significantly, and leave the world with more carbon than it will ever be able to deal with.

That land will also be unusable and they will starve without the large amounts of grain they grow and rely on. 

I think it's now too late to save the glaciers and a lot of them have gone already.  Some think that we are all too late anyway and that we set the tipping point too high.

Even the wise men can only guess but, if we don't  try, then our children etc etc, will pay for what we have done.

Animal Rebellion plot to sabotage the Grand National

A secret plot by more than 100 eco-activists to sabotage the Grand National has been exposed by an undercover investigation. Militant vegans and animal rights campaigners plan to use ladders and bolt cutters to storm security fences before the race at Aintree, then glue themselves together as a human barricade and sit across the course.

1 minute ago, Jack Grey said:

Animal Rebellion plot to sabotage the Grand National

A secret plot by more than 100 eco-activists to sabotage the Grand National has been exposed by an undercover investigation. Militant vegans and animal rights campaigners plan to use ladders and bolt cutters to storm security fences before the race at Aintree, then glue themselves together as a human barricade and sit across the course.

Just another obstacle for the horses to jump over . Will be quite a spectacle 

• Haha 2