Cheltenham V Sheffield Wednesday

bassett one

Im aware that my 'long winded' post match opinions arent everyones cup of tea on here, so i will keep my thoughts very simple...

More 2 points dropped, than a point gained when trying to stave off Ipswich.

HOOF.... I cant remember the last time wednesday played such lofted, direct, punt the ball in the air long football.

Iorfa is indeed pants, my thoughts haven't changed. Weak link in your backbone.

• Like 1

well we continue to not to be able to play more than 1 game a week,hunt injured now,but we cannot keep on about what we should of done in jan ,but if we dont go up thats cost us millions.lets hope byers comes back,but we dont want the play offs its a great day out, but your weeks behind other teams at snapping up players,so lets hope we can win sat

Not sure what to make of the starting line up, fairly average first half with the hosts the better side. the recalled Stockdale making 3 good saves, pitch was atrocious with the heavy rain, started much better second half but faded and let the home team back into the game, they capitalised with 2 goals, Flint pulled one back and the Owls started to exert some pressure at last, got an equaliser and could have won it late on. Credit to them for pulling it back from two down but need a quick uptake in performances if we are to retain an automatic spot.

Cracking game of football made better by the conditions, fair play to both teams.

The injuries are going to do for us aren't they. Flint can't play all these games I reckon, that's why he was on the bench tonight. Iorfa can't be the main man, it's as simple as that. And best not to mention Byers, the biggest loss.

Don't know what everyone else thinks but there's some players who're either just not good enough or go missing. Bakinson and Johnson offered little for me. So did Gregory and Smith for the most Part, Smith got a touch like an Elephant with a plastic blow up beach ball.

Edited by KP Nuts

No idea why weve started to play so many long balls and chase, rather than get in down the sides and get behind teams, Stockdales kept us in the game 1st half and weve not had a shot on target until Vaulks in stoppage time.

When weve come under the cosh, basic defensive errors cost two goals, the push out from stockdale gets swept home and the horror slip from Iorfa  6 mins after, theyve done well to drag it back level, and almost got out of jail with final kick of the game hits the post and Adenirans glaring blaze over, but we dont look anything like we did prior to the bolton match, panic at the back, rushed passes, long aimless balls.

Edited by staninoodle
  • Like 2

Well we didn't lose. Switched the game off just before Flint scored as we didn't look like scoring again. Credit for getting level but basic defensive errors cost us 2 points.

Hopefully this point is the turning point though, really need a couple of wins asap.