Cheltenham V Sheffield Wednesday

bassett one

9 hours ago, NERVY-OWL said:

Well we didn't lose. Switched the game off just before Flint scored as we didn't look like scoring again. Credit for getting level but basic defensive errors cost us 2 points.

Hopefully this point is the turning point though, really need a couple of wins asap.

I switched off in frustration then heard Flint had scored and put it back on 🤣

11 hours ago, KP Nuts said:

Cracking game of football made better by the conditions, fair play to both teams.

The injuries are going to do for us aren't they. Flint can't play all these games I reckon, that's why he was on the bench tonight. Iorfa can't be the main man, it's as simple as that. And best not to mention Byers, the biggest loss.

Don't know what everyone else thinks but there's some players who're either just not good enough or go missing. Bakinson and Johnson offered little for me. So did Gregory and Smith for the most Part, Smith got a touch like an Elephant with a plastic blow up beach ball.

A bit harsh! Agree about Bakinson.

The other 3? I disagree. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Hotmale 1954 said:

The other 3? I disagree. 

It's a funny old game this football, in'it..

Garbage against Bolton, Poor against Barnsley, worse than garbage against Forest Green...

I listened to the game on RS. 

First half, usual rubbish, 

Second half a fraction above rubbish..

Then Forest Green score and I have to open my 3rd bottle of Old Speckled Hen to drown my sorrow's.

Oh no!

Forest Green score a second, I reach for another bottle of OSH, attempting to drink it while cursing..

That's it for me, I'm in the depth's of despair, play offs here we come..

Then the Owls pull one back, I Tut, consolation goal, time for another OSH.

Ruddy hell we get an equaliser, I suddenly wake up, "COME ON YOU OWLS" I shout.

If that last kick had gone in and sealed a win, I would have been ecstatic, shouting what a great team, Championship here we come.

WAWAW.

It didn't.

But what I'm trying to point out is, that within the space of 90 minute's I've gone from the pits of despair to landing on cloud 9.

Forget 90 minute's, I've been enduring this for about 60 years.

Funny old game........

• Like 1

Better performance than the one at Forest Green ,which wouldn’t be difficult …but still not the side we were 2 or 3 weeks ago….Byers is a massive miss at the moment & last night was like playing with 10 men …how Bakinson gets a starting place is beyond me …

But it’s  still in our hands & we’re not reliant on any one else ….got to make home advantage count on Saturday though….

• Like 2

3 hours ago, bassett one said:

when we bought wilks the 30 goal a season player,whats happened to him? was a 1 season wonder that will be a white elephant or is it our system,darren spent lots to get him so someones made a mistake.

I thought his cameo last night is being a little overlooked to be honest. He helped changed the game, not by doing anything spectacular but he gave Cheltenham something to think about and looked busy.

Maybe Wilks could be the player who shines in our home run and gets us over the line with some goals?  My inclination is that he would thrive at the prospect.

3 hours ago, Hotmale 1954 said:

The other 3? I disagree. 

Maybe it is but I expect so much more from Johnson especially when James is behind him. He undoubtedly has a wand of a left foot on him but for me we don't see enough of it. Gregory and Smith eventually came good last night but Smith does have a first touch like an Elephant and both for most of the evening just puffed and blowed.