Cheltenham V Sheffield Wednesday

bassett one

Strength in the squad is catching up with Darren Moore,and he knows himself we are not strong enough in midfield & attack,we can"t expext Bannan to be everywere,we want him creating chances instead of defending,we have got to put a defender like James in midfield,wish Paterson was available as he is a batteler and wish miss in upfront as Smith & Gregory play the same type of  game,can we still sign  a free agent to help us out?

21 hours ago, Padders said:

It's a funny old game this football, in'it..

Garbage against Bolton, Poor against Barnsley, worse than garbage against Forest Green...

I listened to the game on RS. 

First half, usual rubbish, 

Second half a fraction above rubbish..

Then Forest Green score and I have to open my 3rd bottle of Old Speckled Hen to drown my sorrow's.

Oh no!

Forest Green score a second, I reach for another bottle of OSH, attempting to drink it while cursing..

That's it for me, I'm in the depth's of despair, play offs here we come..

Then the Owls pull one back, I Tut, consolation goal, time for another OSH.

Ruddy hell we get an equaliser, I suddenly wake up, "COME ON YOU OWLS" I shout.

If that last kick had gone in and sealed a win, I would have been ecstatic, shouting what a great team, Championship here we come.

WAWAW.

It didn't.

But what I'm trying to point out is, that within the space of 90 minute's I've gone from the pits of despair to landing on cloud 9.

Forget 90 minute's, I've been enduring this for about 60 years.

Funny old game........

Cloud 8.5 Padders .....

We can't avoid the truth. The last 3 results have been poor. Then better. Then bad. Then promising.

Culminating in the fact that the last 3 results were dire.

No question.

19 hours ago, ukdobby said:

Must say with Gregory he was probably our best player.

Bakinson?

18 hours ago, KP Nuts said:

Maybe it is but I expect so much more from Johnson especially when James is behind him. He undoubtedly has a wand of a left foot on him but for me we don't see enough of it. Gregory and Smith eventually came good last night but Smith does have a first touch like an Elephant and both for most of the evening just puffed and blowed. 

Yep. We've seen Johnson do much better, so he can do it. He needs a rocket up his 'owz your father to gee him up a bit. Him and 4 or 5 others.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hotmale 1954 said:

Cloud 8.5 Padders .....

We can't avoid the truth. The last 3 results have been poor. Then better. Then bad. Then promising.

Culminating in the fact that the last 3 results were dire.

No question.

Bakinson?

it was a good game in atrocious conditions that lead to their goal when our golie could not hold the ball .

A fair result

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cuttsie said:

it was a good game in atrocious conditions that lead to their goal when our golie could not hold the ball .

A fair result

Hmmm... :huh:

And everyone seems to be conveniently ignoring the fact that it was their favourite, Mr Bannan who gave the ball away with a sloppy pass in midfield to set up Cheltenham's first goal...

I've timestamped the video to pick out the perfect pass!  :hihi:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Mr Bloke said:

And everyone seems to be conveniently ignoring the fact that it was their favourite, Mr Bannan who gave the ball away with a sloppy pass in midfield to set up Cheltenham's first goal...

Bannon is the finest pro in Sheffield by a Country mile his leadership and loyalty are beyond reproach , Money does not rule him (he took a pay cut on relegation when he could have picked a team any where )

No kissing badges and looking at agent for more dosh from him .

We owe him big time .

53 minutes ago, Mr Bloke said:

and your point is what exactly…? 

1 hour ago, Mr Bloke said:

Blimey.

Every player in every team makes mistakes now & again.

It happens at every level. No-one is perfect.