Travellers Caravans At Norton Aerodrome

4 minutes ago, bassett one said:

well the nearest for s8 is the northern general not exactly on the doorstep is it? 

And?

Anyone who lives in Rochdale, a town with a population of around 100k, when calling an ambulance is taken to a hospital in a totally different town.  Or at least this is how it was for years, I havent checked recently.

Anyone who lives in the highlands of Scotland is likely an hour from a major hospital, sometimes more.

Your tale of woe isnt exactly up there on a scale of an African boy having to walk 10 miles a day for water, is it?

If its that important to you as an elderly gentleman, move nearer to an existing hospital. And if you think its a dump, put your money where your mouth is and go private.

Edited by HeHasRisen
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, bassett one said:

that maybe true,but we all pay in for a health service and i am sure sheffield is not a great place to live when it comes to a quality service

There are two major hospitals, what exactly are you wanting? Wherever you put them, some people will be further away from them than others.

Christ alive.

My recent experience of my local surgery and the NGH has been exceptional. 

Edited by HeHasRisen
  • Like 2

my only experiance of the northern general was horrid,thought i had gone to sleep and woke up in a 1900s work house,chucked out while still ill and at that time home alone in winter,it was a really awfull experiance,yet calow was top class,you say 2 hospitals but theres only one dump for emergency that needs major work,as promised by mr long nose at election time,but for the most the staff do there best but its hard for them without a modern building.

I drove past last night. The piles of rubbish are coming along nicely.  I also dread to think what’s happening to their black water.  

Maybe this was a relevant and reasonable way of life 100 years ago. But now ? I have no problem with people living in caravans or even van lifers but when they disrespect their env and expect others to sort their mess then - not great. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, srtaylo0 said:

I drove past last night. The piles of rubbish are coming along nicely.  I also dread to think what’s happening to their black water.  

Maybe this was a relevant and reasonable way of life 100 years ago. But now ? I have no problem with people living in caravans or even van lifers but when they disrespect their env and expect others to sort their mess then - not great. 

Don’t worry. The Council are on it .

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1