Travellers Caravans At Norton Aerodrome

On 15/04/2023 at 16:47, bassett one said:

been sold for housing,even though we need a hospital this side of the city

Why?

Sheffield has as many hospital beds per person as similar cities , on two sites with one being near the University, like similar cities.

3 minutes ago, Longcol said:

Why?

Sheffield has as many hospital beds per person as similar cities , on two sites with one being near the University, like similar cities.

Indeed. I mean some people in other areas have to go to a totally different town now to be taken to an A&E department, and thats before you look at rural areas.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, bassett one said:

yeah many from s8 go to chesterfield

The last time I was in hospital, (back in 2012 for an Achilles snapping on me), I ended up sharing a ward for a night with a bloke, (pleading with a nurse who refused to give him the ketamine he'd been getting at Calow.  By the middle of the night we were all begging her to give him some, in fact give him all you have just to stop him moaning about it), who'd been sent over from Calow hospital for treatment. 

I think the whitch doctor in Chesterfield couldn't identity the problem due to the lack of chicken intestines. 

Edited by Baron99

On 15/04/2023 at 16:47, bassett one said:

been sold for housing,even though we need a hospital this side of the city

As much as I would love to not have to travel as far to work, where do you think the staffing is going to come from for a third hospital in the city.  We aren't a city the size of Manchester or London that really needs this and when we already have staff shortages in both hospitals, how do we staff a 3rd hospital.

• Like 1

well i agree ,but we have bed shortages and the tories promised more hospitals and we have nothing this side of the city and  although we have huge vacancies and large unemployed we need training and we need to import doctors if need be we have a ageing society from the baby boom years so will need more in the next 10-20 years .

1 minute ago, bassett one said:

and we have nothing this side of the city

And?

There are these things called "ambulances", and "roads", and "public transport".  You make it sounds like you are hours from a hospital, for crying out loud.

How do you think the residents of the Scottish outer islands get on?

• Like 1

well the nearest for s8 is the northern general not exactly on the doorstep is it? and its not exactly a nice hospital with lots built in the 1900s a dump of a place,we used to have a hospital in the city centre that was fair for everyone.but the tories wont build hospitals as promised so it is what it is.