Sheffield Wednesday Fc V Lincoln City Fc

bassett one

1 hour ago, ukdobby said:

What also is worrying is we have a threadbare squad and if we can't find 1 youngster to step up the future looks bleak.

Yes the reserves should be stepping up to the first team now ,if not what use are they .

We are an aging squad, we looked knackered.

The amount of times space opened up yesterday and the players didn't exploit it was criminal.

We must be the slowest and most predictable team out there.

We are top simply because we have a couple of match winners and apart from 3 other teams the league is bang average

10 hours ago, Jim Hardie said:

Loanee wrong, time right, scorer right. That’s 66.6% right.

I listened to the game on Radio Lincolnshire who gave me  (and the other 500 listeners) the wrong information..

I assume he's not on loan then?

You can't get the staff these days.

I've just checked Wikipaedia.

There's no mention of Sheff U in his history.

Edited by Hotmale 1954
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Al Bundy said:

We are an aging squad, we looked knackered.

The amount of times space opened up yesterday and the players didn't exploit it was criminal.

We must be the slowest and most predictable team out there.

We are top simply because we have a couple of match winners and apart from 3 other teams the league is bang average

Tired legs, tired minds = long balls, theyre lacking energy because theyre largely playing 90 minutes a game because theres not enough backup and its been that way all season, the budgets been blown on wages, so they couldnt bring fresh legs in during january, the three clubs that theyre in direct competition with ALL have lower wage budgets and this enabled them to bring in re enforcements to give the other troops a break.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, staninoodle said:

Tired legs, tired minds = long balls, theyre lacking energy because theyre largely playing 90 minutes a game because theres not enough backup and its been that way all season, the budgets been blown on wages, so they couldnt bring fresh legs in during january, the three clubs that theyre in direct competition with ALL have lower wage budgets and this enabled them to bring in re enforcements to give the other troops a break.

This is spot on, mismanagement from the top again.

THATS the problem with having a older squad,more than one game a week is a problem,injurys with young player 7-10 days but with older players its several weeks,but i was told he had 3 lined up,but the other teams could not replace,so they said sorry but no deal,and that could cost us millions by not going up, it showed yesterday they rubbish

6 hours ago, staninoodle said:

5 hours ago, top4718 said:

This is spot on, mismanagement from the top again.

1 hour ago, bassett one said:

THATS the problem with having a older squad,more than one game a week is a problem,injurys with young player 7-10 days but with older players its several weeks,but i was told he had 3 lined up,but the other teams could not replace,so they said sorry but no deal,and that could cost us millions by not going up, it showed yesterday they rubbish

Have we not brought on 5 subs almost every game? (With very positive results).

The Lincoln commentators yesterday even asked each other 'I wonder who Wednesday will bring on, on the hour'. They, and the World knew that rightly, or wrongly, we'd make changes on 60 mins.

25 to 30 year old players aren't old!!!

Mein Gott, at 30, I'd have played 4 games a week (and I cover a damn sight more ground than some of our squad).

Mental tiredness, maybe, after recent games, but not physical tiredness, surely?

Edited by Hotmale 1954

Perhaps these togga players should try climbing Alps , Pyrenees , and rest of mountain passes for three weeks, day after day , like Tour De France lads do , Or carry hod to two bricklayers on bonus eight hours a day year after year ,

That will sort em 

• Like 1