Many Schools 'Routinely Disregard' Safeguarding Principles On Gender Identity

14 hours ago, Jim Hardie said:

That’s exactly how it was in the 50s and 60s at secondary school. I had it from at least three different teachers. PE teachers favoured the slipper to the backside.

I only remember the headmaster dishing out the cane at junior school, the female teachers would use a ruler.

All the females I have known used whips.....

16 hours ago, fools said:

it was always the ones that were useless at their jobs, promoted well beyond their ability. Power trippers.

I thought Mr Solway was a good teacher, he could certainly keep order in class, which, unfortunately, is at least half the job, certainly in a Comprehensive secondary school !

He was a chemistry teacher and I can remember doing all sorts of exciting experiments, I'll bet half of them would be banned now, they'd have to watch a video where the experiment was undertaken behind an armoured glass screen. Very sad, and I'll bet the results wouldn't stick in the memory like watching potassium in water always has in my mind.

Blow it up !

Edited by Chekhov

Guest sibon
22 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

I thought Mr Solway was a good teacher, he could certainly keep order in class, which, unfortunately, is at least half the job, certainly in a Comprehensive secondary school !

He was a chemistry teacher and I can remember doing all sorts of exciting experiments, I'll bet half of them would be banned now, they'd have to watch a video where the experiment was undertaken behind an armoured glass screen. Very sad, and I'll bet the results wouldn't stick in the memory like watching potassium in water always has in my mind.

Blow it up !

That shouldn’t be the case. There are very few practical activities that have been banned in the last 30 years. Some teachers shy away from doing spectacular stuff, personally, I never understood why. That was always my favourite bit.

The link below is some detailed H and S guidance, aimed at exploding myths about  supposedly banned practical activities.

https://science.cleapss.org.uk/resource/gl069-banned-chemicals-and-other-myths-2018.pdf

7 minutes ago, sibon said:

That shouldn’t be the case. There are very few practical activities that have been banned in the last 30 years. Some teachers shy away from doing spectacular stuff, personally, I never understood why. That was always my favourite bit.

The link below is some detailed H and S guidance, aimed at exploding myths about  supposedly banned practical activities.

https://science.cleapss.org.uk/resource/gl069-banned-chemicals-and-other-myths-2018.pdf

I wonder if you taught me chemistry at school ?

Guest sibon
6 minutes ago, harvey19 said:

I wonder if you taught me chemistry at school ?

That’s properly made me laugh.

Thank you😁

30 minutes ago, sibon said:

Always remember a teacher introducing us

to Phenolphthalein and telling us what would happen if you dipped a pencil chewers pencil in it   😀

Guest sibon
13 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Always remember a teacher introducing us

to Phenolphthalein and telling us what would happen if you dipped a pencil chewers pencil in it   😀

You’d need a fair bit to clean you out properly. I can’t imagine that a bit on a pencil would be enough to sort you out😁

18 minutes ago, sibon said:

You’d need a fair bit to clean you out properly. I can’t imagine that a bit on a pencil would be enough to sort you out😁

Try telling that to group of 13 year old lads 😀. I still find it strange that I remember Phenolphthalein after all these years.

This thread has morphed away from the original topic, i.e. gender education and discussions in schools, to corporal punishment.

I'm amazed that no parallels are drawn.

Parents saw discipline as a routine matter to leave to school teachers. Caning was widely accepted and routinely used in the three schools I attended in the 40s. We got little sympathy at home, they wanted to know what we had done wrong, and why.

Sex education in school has alway been controversial. It came in the back door through Health & Hygiene! But this gender counselling stuff has reached as crisis of confidence by parents in schools, with teachers and their Teachers Unions.

First of all, as a parent, I don't want my vulnerable child to coached into discussing sex, or questioning their gender by school teachers. There are many reasons a parent may have. It could be a religious issue, or the same argument people now make against caning, because of abuse.

It could even be the tendency of a child to idolize their teachers, and seek comfort if they are disciplined at home for routine matters like being mean to baby brother, stealing cookies, by having their toys and games taken away, or sent to their rooms and not allowed to play outside We all know how kids can get angry at their parents on those occasions, even in the best parented homes, and can show up in school in tears. Kids are not yet rational.

Sex education is, or should be, a very specialized field, and left to professionals in that field. Personal sex and gender counselling should be left to a discussion between parents and medical professionals only, due to the individual nature of the support a child may require.

I don't want to see my kids discussing sex and gender options with THAT teacher, (who's picture I'll refrain from posting again here.)

And definitely not getting a lap dance from some hairy fat trans he/she/it. no matter how titillating the kids find it. 

(Don't tell your parents, we'll keep this between you and I, ok?) Are you kidding me?

Time to end this latest decadent descent into Western cultural insanity!

Edited by trastrick
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, trastrick said:

This thread has morphed away from the original topic, i.e. gender education and discussions in schools, to corporal punishment.

I'm amazed that no parallels are drawn.

Parents saw discipline as a routine matter to leave to school teachers. Caning was widely accepted and routinely used in the three schools I attended in the 40s. We got little sympathy at home, they wanted to know what we had done wrong, and why.

Sex education in school has alway been controversial. It came in the back door through Health & Hygiene! But this gender counselling stuff has reached as crisis of confidence by parents in schools, with teachers and their Teachers Unions.

First of all, as a parent, I don't want my vulnerable child to coached into discussing sex, or questioning their gender by school teachers. There are many reasons a parent may have. It could be a religious issue, or the same argument people now make against caning, because of abuse.

It could even be the tendency of a child to idolize their teachers, and seek comfort if they are disciplined at home for routine matters like being mean to baby brother, stealing cookies, by having their toys and games taken away, or sent to their rooms and not allowed to play outside We all know how kids can get angry at their parents on those occasions, even in the best parented homes, and can show up in school in tears. Kids are not yet rational.

Sex education is, or should be, a very specialized field, and left to professionals in that field. Personal sex and gender counselling should be left to a discussion between parents and medical professionals only, due to the individual nature of the support a child may require.

I don't want to see my kids discussing sex and gender options with THAT teacher, (who's picture I'll refrain from posting again here.)

And definitely not getting a lap dance from some hairy fat trans he/she/it. no matter how titillating the kids find it. 

(Don't tell your parents, we'll keep this between you and I, ok?) Are you kidding me?

Time to end this latest decadent descent into Western cultural insanity!

And yet the West has the absolute nerve to preach to others how they should be doing things!