Many Schools 'Routinely Disregard' Safeguarding Principles On Gender Identity

7 hours ago, Mister M said:

When I see the word transphobic, it's usually in the context of someone complaining about advancements in how we address people .

Rather like the terms 'political correctness' or 'woke', few people who were classed as politically correct or woke used those descriptors of themselves. Rather it was those who opposed them who foisted those terms on them.

Maybe if they weren't so strident in their attitude, others with less extreme views wouldn't respond in the same way?

Edited by RollingJ

9 hours ago, Mister M said:

When I see the word transphobic, it's usually in the context of someone complaining about advancements in how we address people .

Rather like the terms 'political correctness' or 'woke', few people who were classed as politically correct or woke used those descriptors of themselves. Rather it was those who opposed them who foisted those terms on them.

Having been left all my life, i would now call myself as a centrist with a bias to the right...

I don't like the name calling by either side and find it does nothing to further discussion and debate. Granted i succumb at times, but i'm not proud of it.

However, from the interactions i've had in real life and online, i find the left to be slightly lazier in throwing the words around. The term 'Nazi' has now lost all meaning and, actually, the ones using it fit that description more than the targets: altering/burning books; amending language to fit their politics; persecution of those with whom they disagree etc.

And that's before we get to the racist terms thrown at black conservatives, even by people of the same ethnicity...

8 minutes ago, leviathan13 said:

However, from the interactions i've had in real life and online, i find the left to be slightly lazier in throwing the words around. The term 'Nazi' has now lost all meaning and, actually, the ones using it fit that description more than the targets: altering/burning books; amending language to fit their politics; persecution of those with whom they disagree etc.

I find the slur 'Nazi' really offensive....its a racial term used exclusively for white people and i think it should be classed as hate speech in the same context as calling a black person the n-word or an asian person the p-word

Edited by Jack Grey
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Jack Grey said:

I find the slur 'Nazi' really offensive....its a racial term used exclusively for white people and i think it should be classed as hate speech in the same context as calling a black person the n-word or an asian person the p-word

If nothing else, it's disrespectful to those who were persecuted and massacred by actual Nazis - i've been to Auschwitz/Birkenau and seen only a small glimpse of the horror!

These people need to get a grip and maybe see some of the world before they start throwing words around that they don't understand.

On the n-word - have you seen Dave Chappelle's bit about why he can't use the f-word because it'll offend gay people?

Edited by leviathan13
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, leviathan13 said:

If nothing else, it's disrespectful to those who were persecuted and massacred by actual Nazis - i've been to Auschwitz/Birkenau and seen only a small glimpse of the horror!

These people need to get a grip and maybe see some of the world before they start throwing words around that they don't understand.

On the n-word - have you seen Dave Chappelle's bit about why he can't use the f-word because it'll offend gay people?

Well the word is used mainly by the Corbyn supporting hard left and we all know how they feel about the Jews

Chappelle is the GOAT

3 minutes ago, Jack Grey said:

Well the word is used mainly by the Corbyn supporting hard left and we all know how they feel about the Jews

Chappelle is the GOAT

They've even turned the word "denier"  into a pejorative, tossed at anybody who doesn't agree with their radical opinions.

A lazy way to deal with sincere, but inconvenient, questions.

Edited by trastrick

32 minutes ago, trastrick said:

They've even turned the word "denier"  into a pejorative, tossed at anybody who doesn't agree with their radical opinions.

A lazy way to deal with sincere, but inconvenient, questions.

Insert “Lefty” in place of “denier” and your post can show the other side of the coin.

2 minutes ago, leviathan13 said:

Just seen a couple of disturbing things on TV tonight...

Drag shows for babies

And

Naked Education - a TV show where naked adults stand in front of 14yos

I'm only 41 but... what is this world coming to???