Many Schools 'Routinely Disregard' Safeguarding Principles On Gender Identity

17 minutes ago, Jack Grey said:

I wasn't sure if i could post a link due to how inappropriate it is...

But i urge people to just Google 'Drag shows for babies' to see the true horror!

Yes, it really is worse than it sounds!

4 minutes ago, leviathan13 said:

I wasn't sure if i could post a link due to how inappropriate it is...

But i urge people to just Google 'Drag shows for babies' to see the true horror!

Yes, it really is worse than it sounds!

My bold.

Apparently it's fine and you are a right wing bigot.

2 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

My bold.

Silly me for thinking it's inappropriate for grown men to dress in bondage gear and thongs and parade around infront of toddlers...

The equally distressing thing in the video i've seen are the mothers clapping along!!!

Just now, leviathan13 said:

Silly me for thinking it's inappropriate for grown men to dress in bondage gear and thongs and parade around infront of toddlers...

The equally distressing thing in the video i've seen are the mothers clapping along!!!

Hmmm, yes thats intensely depressing. Their kids should be removed from their care immediately. It's grooming. 

1 minute ago, leviathan13 said:

Is it a reach to tie it to the MAP agenda?

Honest opinion?

No. Its not a reach. The MAP agenda is in plain sight when things like this are allowed. Not only allowed but encouraged. 

2 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Honest opinion?

No. Its not a reach. The MAP agenda is in plain sight when things like this are allowed. Not only allowed but encouraged. 

I appreciate your opinion because that links to something i heard earlier on the trans debate - can't remember the exact wording but it's along the lines of:

If a child is able to understand they are the wrong gender, do they understand consent?

6 hours ago, The_DADDY said:

My bold.

I've said it before but this trans malarkey is the newest religion.

Flags everywhere, becoming untouchable, fines now being introduced for dissenters....

And it's all happening right in front of our very eyes.

Clown world

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Some interesting stats on two of the problems kids and young adults face in today's society.

We all know that many kids are naturally rebellious against parents and schools. It's usually a passing phase.

They have their own way of identifying with it. Music, clothes, hair, tats, piercing. etc.

A seldom reported disorder is self mutilation, which is a rebellion against one's own body.

Mental Health America

says:

"The most common methods are:

• Skin cutting (70-90%).
  • Head banging or hitting (21%-44%).
  • Burning (15%-35%).

Other forms of self-injury include excessive scratching to the point of drawing blood, punching (either one's self or objects), infecting oneself, inserting objects into body openings, drinking something harmful (like bleach or detergent), and breaking bones purposefully. Most individuals who engage in non-suicidal self-injury hurt themselves in more than one way."

"....Rates are higher among adolescents, with approximately 17% of teens reporting some form of self-injury. Studies show an even higher risk for self-injury among college students, with rates ranging from 17-35%."

https://www.mhanational.org/conditions/self-injury-cutting-self-harm-or-self-mutilation

]

That's a lot of adolescents![2

By contrast is is estimated that a mere 1.43% of adolescents identify as transgender.

https://williamsinstitute.law.ucla.edu/publications/trans-adults-united-states/

It would appear that there may be some crossover in theses cases.

In any event it is a serious medical mental health matter, and should be dealt with by medical health professionals. not teachers.

Is  the Teacher's Union advocacy of transgender transition and counselling appropriate?

Is it encouragement to self mutilation by those so inclined?  Are gender changes and self mutilation unrelated? If not, there is a willing pool of adolescents who see gender surgery as an extension of self mutilation.

Does anybody care about these serious issues?

Edited by trastrick

7 minutes ago, trastrick said:

Some interesting stats on two of the problems kids and young adults face in today's society.

We all know that many kids are naturally rebellious against parents and schools. It's usually a passing phase.

They have their own way of identifying with it. Music, clothes, hair, tats, piercing. etc.

A seldom reported disorder is self mutilation, which is a rebellion against one's own body.

Mental Health America

says:

"The most common methods are:

• Skin cutting (70-90%).
  • Head banging or hitting (21%-44%).
  • Burning (15%-35%).

Other forms of self-injury include excessive scratching to the point of drawing blood, punching (either one's self or objects), infecting oneself, inserting objects into body openings, drinking something harmful (like bleach or detergent), and breaking bones purposefully. Most individuals who engage in non-suicidal self-injury hurt themselves in more than one way."

"....Rates are higher among adolescents, with approximately 17% of teens reporting some form of self-injury. Studies show an even higher risk for self-injury among college students, with rates ranging from 17-35%."

https://www.mhanational.org/conditions/self-injury-cutting-self-harm-or-self-mutilation

]

That's a lot of adolescents![2

By contrast is is estimated that a mere 1.43% of adolescents identify as transgender.

https://williamsinstitute.law.ucla.edu/publications/trans-adults-united-states/

It would appear that there may be some crossover in theses cases.

In any event it is a serious medical mental health matter, and should be dealt with by medical health professionals. not teachers.

Is  the Teacher's Union advocacy of transgender transition and counselling appropriate?

Is it encouragement to self mutilation by those so inclined?  Are gender changes and self mutilation unrelated? If not, there is a willing pool of adolescents who see gender surgery as an extension of self mutilation.

Does anybody care about these serious issues?

I’m not exactly clear what the point is of your clumsy coalescence of two very different issues.

However, you’ll be pleased to hear that school staff in the UK are well trained to safeguard the kids in their care. That includes spotting and acting upon instances of self harm.

It really isn’t just a matter for medical professionals. Dealing with self harm includes multiple agencies, including teachers and other school staff.