Many Schools 'Routinely Disregard' Safeguarding Principles On Gender Identity

8 hours ago, The_DADDY said:

A number of secondary schools are not informing parents as soon as a child questions their gender identity, a report suggests.

Safeguarding principles are being “routinely disregarded in many secondary schools” when it comes to gender identity, according to a paper by centre-right think tank Policy Exchange.

https://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/news/national/23422138.many-schools-routinely-disregard-safeguarding-principles-gender-identity/

Personally I'd prefer to be told if it was my child.

Your thoughts?

Absolutely, surely the parents have a right to know straightaway ? And if they do not the world is even madder than I already think it is.

Most of it is  a load of cobblers anyway, girls who were previously just regarded as Tomboys are now immediately thought of as poss in the wrong body. BS.

40 minutes ago, Mister M said:

No I agree. 

That's why I think that teachers disclosing everything is counterproductive. Which child is going to have confidence in any teacher if they know that everything they talk about is going back to parent. 

If the child discloses abuse then of course the teacher should let statutory services know. But if the young person has already spoken to the teacher about concerns about their gender identity, and that get's back to the parent - the child is going to be less trusting of the teacher and not disclose to them any instance of abuse.

I think you are completely misunderstanding what parenthood is all about. It is the parents who are responsible for the kid, and the parents who have the right to bring up a child as they see fit, so long as they are not abusing  them obviously. And by abuse I mean real abuse, not just giving them the odd slap when they are really, and deliberately, naughty.

4 hours ago, Mister M said:

I think this is one of my concerns with organisations like the Centre for Policy Studies. I'm not entirely confident that I trust them. They seem to want to curry favour with the Government.

Newspapers like Mail or whatever seem to want to convince the public that all teachers have an agenda to instill propaganda into their students. Not the case at all. Most teachers are too busy teaching their core subjects. The only people instilling propaganda are the Daily Mail and its ilk.

All newspapers have an agenda, so you can't single out The Mail.

Social media is probably more damaging on either side than newspapers - rather than a journalist reporting, apps like TikTok have videos of actual confrontations between teachers and students. I've seen teachers, and 'right-on' fellow students, having a melt-down because a student has questioned BLM, the trans issue, slavery/statues etc.

Granted the papers will be fanning the flames somewhat, but it is happening that some teachers are pushing this agenda hard to students.

• Like 2

Just now, leviathan13 said:

All newspapers have an agenda, so you can't single out The Mail.

Social media is probably more damaging on either side than newspapers - rather than a journalist reporting, apps like TikTok have videos of actual confrontations between teachers and students. I've seen teachers, and 'right-on' fellow students, having a melt-down because a student has questioned BLM, the trans issue, slavery/statues etc.

Granted the papers will be fanning the flames somewhat, but it is happening that some teachers are pushing this agenda hard to students.

I think it was the Daddy that mentioned that he knows 3 teachers who were pushing their agenda onto young people. I've said it's bang out of order and they should be disciplined or sacked for that. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mister M said:

No I agree. 

That's why I think that teachers disclosing everything is counterproductive. Which child is going to have confidence in any teacher if they know that everything they talk about is going back to parent. 

If the child discloses abuse then of course the teacher should let statutory services know. But if the young person has already spoken to the teacher about concerns about their gender identity, and that get's back to the parent - the child is going to be less trusting of the teacher and not disclose to them any instance of abuse.

I think so. I knew at 15 I was gay, and I didn't want any hassle from my Mum and Dad, so I figured out which adult it would be okay to speak to.

If I'd have been more mature perhaps I would've spoken to a youth worker, and sought out their advice - though that didn't occur to me at the time 

Feel for you mate . I’ve got an old friend who knew he was gay around that age but had to keep quiet as it was illegal then .

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Mister M said:

I think it was the Daddy that mentioned that he knows 3 teachers who were pushing their agenda onto young people. I've said it's bang out of order and they should be disciplined or sacked for that. 

The problem is that trans trumps almost all other things when it comes to disciplining people.

Caught a bit of the Headliners show the other night on GBNews - one of the panellists made a point about the police not responding to crimes because they're so stretched. He said:

If you get burgled, report it, but say the perpetrator spray-painted something transphobic and they'll turn up ASAP.

It's like when Count Dankula was arrested for  offensive YouTube videos, but it's taking the police 2-3 years to investigate rapes, in some cases. These teachers are protected because all they need to do is shout 'transphobia' at anyone questioning their methods and agenda and society is on their side.

26 minutes ago, leviathan13 said:

The problem is that trans trumps almost all other things when it comes to disciplining people.

Caught a bit of the Headliners show the other night on GBNews - one of the panellists made a point about the police not responding to crimes because they're so stretched. He said:

If you get burgled, report it, but say the perpetrator spray-painted something transphobic and they'll turn up ASAP.

It's like when Count Dankula was arrested for  offensive YouTube videos, but it's taking the police 2-3 years to investigate rapes, in some cases. These teachers are protected because all they need to do is shout 'transphobia' at anyone questioning their methods and agenda and society is on their side.

We know that's demonstrably not true.

Just look at the way Lucy Meadows, a trangender primary school teacher was treated.

She was hounded by the Daily Mail's Richard Littlejohn, so much so that she was found hanging from the bannister at her home shortly afterwards.

The Coroner at her inquest named the Richard Littlejohn article as a causal factor in Lucy's death.

The teachers at the primary school had to then tell crying children that Miss Meadows had gone to a better place.

Was Richard Littlejohn fired by the Daily Mail? No.

He remained the highest paid journalist on 'Fleet Street'.

And according to Newsnight tonight, its Editor, Paul Dacre is up for a Knighthood and a seat in the House of Lords.

6 minutes ago, Mister M said:

We know that's demonstrably not true.

Just look at the way Lucy Meadows, a trangender primary school teacher was treated.

She was hounded by the Daily Mail's Richard Littlejohn, so much so that she was found hanging from the bannister at her home shortly afterwards.

The Coroner at her inquest named the Richard Littlejohn article as a causal factor in Lucy's death.

The teachers at the primary school had to then tell crying children that Miss Meadows had gone to a better place.

Was Richard Littlejohn fired by the Daily Mail? No.

He remained the highest paid journalist on 'Fleet Street'.

And according to Newsnight tonight, its Editor, Paul Dacre is up for a Knighthood and a seat in the House of Lords.

That was 10 years ago and the landscape has changed immensely since then!

A couple of things:

She died through carbon monoxide poisoning, not hanging from the bannister

In her suicide not she didn't mention press intrusion, she'd had a number of incidents happen which tipper her over the edge

The source of this was the Guardian...

Guest sibon
1 hour ago, leviathan13 said:

You are funny.

You should give Channel 4 a call. They give programmes to minorities all the time.

I think that you fit the bill.

5 hours ago, Chekhov said:

It is the parents who are responsible for the kid, and the parents who have the right to bring up a child as they see fit, so long as they are not abusing  them obviously. And by abuse I mean real abuse, not just giving them the odd slap when they are really, and deliberately, naughty.

The kids are people too. They have rights to grow up in their own way. They aren’t possessions.

And. For the avoidance of any doubt. Physical punishment of minors is abuse. Anyone who hits a child should see the inside of a courtroom (and a jail), in my opinion.

9 minutes ago, sibon said:

You are funny.

You should give Channel 4 a call. They give programmes to minorities all the time.

I think that you fit the bill.

As a straight, white man, you're probably right about me being a minority in this country at the moment... (obviously i jest).

Not quite sure what you're getting at there, though. Are you saying that there are no consequences for questioning the trans movement, particularly around children??

Guest sibon
8 minutes ago, leviathan13 said:

As a straight, white man, you're probably right about me being a minority in this country at the moment... (obviously i jest).

Not quite sure what you're getting at there, though. Are you saying that there are no consequences for questioning the trans movement, particularly around children??

No.

I’m saying that you (and others) are exaggerating a marginal issue. And that your views are rather … odd.

I’m not a psychoanalyst, so I won’t try to second guess your motive for repeatedly posting stuff like this. But I would like to note that your opinions  are far removed from the opinions of anyone else that I know.