Many Schools 'Routinely Disregard' Safeguarding Principles On Gender Identity

4 hours ago, Chekhov said:

... Hitting is striking someone (usually puching or kicking them) with the intention to cause pain and possible injury, so yes I would agree they should be in serious trouble. 

However, slapping a wilfully naughty child does not come under that defintion 

Punch - Hit with a closed fist.

Kick - Hit with a foot.

Slap - Hit with an open palm.

and it doesn't even hurt them that much. ...

It clearly does.  But at least you acknowledge that the intention is to cause pain, because otherwise what would be the point of hitting a child as a form of punishment?

Edited by Guest

13 hours ago, leviathan13 said:

... If you're unaware of how divisive the trans agenda is then that's on you, not me. ...

From your other posts I can't imagine that you feel any great solidarity with gender-critical feminists, so what's your reasoning for your objections to the 'trans agenda'?

5 hours ago, Hecate said:

Kick - Hit with a foot.

It clearly does.  But at least you acknowledge that the intention is to cause pain, because otherwise what would be the point of hitting a child as a form of punishment?

add in a pinch of mental anguish and anxiety, you have a decent recipe fear of a smack will be enough of a parenting and  conditioning tool to have control. nothing says love like a child flinching from his loving parents, every time they get shouty or argumentative in a situation, emotional abuse by adults can include belittling, humiliating, shouting, scapegoating, rejecting, isolating, threatening and ignoring, all of which can make smackers feel like a Big Man.👍

• Like 2

On 31/03/2023 at 13:32, sibon said:

You don’t get to redefine the English language, in order to justify your appalling behaviour.

Hitting anyone is wrong. Hitting a kid, who can’t hit you back is cowardly, reprehensible, bullying and completely unnecessary.

It is not me who is incorrectly defining the English language, it is you :

hitting
bring one's hand or a tool or weapon into contact with (someone or something) quickly and forcefully.

Now that we have proved my use of language is correct and yours is wrong, why don't you stop trolling ?

>>Hitting anyone is wrong. Hitting a kid, who can’t hit you back is cowardly, reprehensible, bullying and completely unnecessary.<<

We have already established that your use of the word hitting is incorrect. But, with all due respect, your definition of what is "necessary" is not one I would agree with on almost any subject, like banning parents from videoing their own kids racing, or, of course, your mate Mike, who, I understand, you agree with ?  :

(June 2021) Mike Buckley : broadcaster and Labour activist :

All secondary school pupils [all 3 million of them] wearing masks would be worth it to save one life

Edited by Chekhov

On 31/03/2023 at 14:06, Hecate said:

Kick - Hit with a foot.

See above

hitting
bring one's hand or a tool or weapon into contact with (someone or something) quickly and forcefully.

Edited by Chekhov

12 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

See above

hitting
bring one's hand or a tool or weapon into contact with (someone or something) quickly and forcefully.

I can't believe you're quoting dictionary definitions to justify hitting your kid.  Ok then:

Slap:

to hit or strike with the palm of the hand or a flat object

to hit someone or something quickly with the palm of the hand

to slap someone is to hit them with the palm of your open hand

to hit someone or something quickly with the palm of the hand or a flat object, making a loud noise

You admit to hitting your kid, Chekhov.  That's all there is to it.