Many Schools 'Routinely Disregard' Safeguarding Principles On Gender Identity

4 hours ago, Beechwood_S6 said:

"Be kind"

It that just for people who think like you ?

I suspect it is and as such it is false virtue signalling.

What about people who are very upset they were prevented from videoing their child doing something exceptional for the first time. That's gone now, it will never happen again.......

Edited by Chekhov

3 hours ago, Hecate said:

You admit to hitting your kid, Chekhov.  That's all there is to it.

As is usual for you lot, you don't actually read the posts you answer :

Hitting is striking someone (usually punching or kicking them) with the intention to cause pain and possible injury, so yes I would agree they should be in serious trouble.

However, slapping a wilfully naughty child does not come under that definition and it doesn't even hurt them that much. I would point out, BTW, that I only slap my lad when he has been deliberately and seriously disobedient and/or doing something dangerous. Furthermore, when we discipline him differently, which is the vast majority of the time (e.g. no computer time today), he often pleads with me to slap him instead. I decline obviously.

BTW are you even a parent ?

That said, kids are very different, so even if you are a parent but happen to have a particularly compliant child (not that I would change anything about my lad even if he can be very hard work), that does not mean you actually know much about it anyway.

Edited by Chekhov

3 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

"Be kind"

It that just for people who think like you ?

What about people who are very upset they were prevented from videoing their child doing something exceptional for the first time. That's gone now, it will never happen again.......

I'll bite....... .......Do you actually care? 

I'll tell you what is dangerous, worrying more, is obviously what a coach may or not think, something that you clearly thought, so what if your lad choked or didn't at a meet rather than enjoying it, it ruined the event for YOU.

Go and see someone and stop being THAT guy who writes trash like this........................................... you said it........... it ruined the event for me

https://forum.tritalk.co.uk/t/swimming-for-hammers-and-spoons/354/2826?page=144#:~:text=Then the world,event for me.

Now do you usual defence ......ya plum 🥝 SF plumless ....so Ya Kiwi

1 minute ago, Chekhov said:

As is usual for you lot, you don't actually read the posts you answer :#

Hitting is striking someone (usually puching or kicking them) with the intention to cause pain and possible injury, so yes I would agree they should be in serious trouble.

However, slapping a wilfully naughty child does not come under that defintion and it doesn't even hurt them that much. I would point out, BTW, that I only slap my lad when he has been deliberately and seriously disobedient and/or doing something dangerous. Furthermore, when we discipline him differently, which is the vast majority of the time (e.g. no computer time today), he often pleads with me to slap him instead. I decline obviously.

That said, kids are very different, so even if you are a parent but happen to have a particularly compliant child (not that I would change anything about my lad even if he can be very hard work), that does not mean you actually know much about it anyway.

Yes, I read the posts in which you say you hit your kid as a form of discipline.

Guest sibon
6 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

Hitting is striking someone (usually punching or kicking them) with the intention to cause pain and possible injury, so yes I would agree they should be in serious trouble.

However, slapping a wilfully naughty child does not come under that definition and it doesn't even hurt them that much. I would point out, BTW, that I only slap my lad when he has been deliberately and seriously disobedient and/or doing something dangerous. Furthermore, when we discipline him differently, which is the vast majority of the time (e.g. no computer time today), he often pleads with me to slap him instead. I decline obviously.

What would you do if your lad slapped you back?

Guest sibon
2 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Moan about it on the "Modern life is rubbish " thread 

1 minute ago, Delayed said:

Want it video recorded so he can play it back

It’s an important question though, isn’t it.

It gets to the heart of why physical punishments are wrong and counterproductive.

I’m hoping that Checkers is going to tell us that he’d just figure that he deserved it and would walk away.

Anything else would be hypocritical.

18 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

I think you are going well over the top in an attempt to justify (justinify😁) your position.

The thought of a child pleading to be slapped is cringeworthy.

My parents never slapped me (teachers caned and slippered me) and I never slapped my far from compliant sons.

Nor have I ever slapped the 4 dogs that we adopted over the years.

It achieves nothing other than venting the slappers own temper.

• Like 1

On 30/03/2023 at 16:06, Mister M said:

My thoughts are that Policy Exchange are probably politicising this because it suits their wider agenda.

So for example young people might want to have a general discussion with their teachers on a 1 to 1 basis to discuss their concerns around their gender identity.

Teachers, quite reasonably keep these conversations confidential on the basis that if they run back and tell parents everything that their child has said, no child will have any confidence in their teachers again, and not disclose something which is much more serious e.g. CSE.

Come to think of it there's an election round the corner, so expect to see more of these culture war type 'stories'.