Many Schools 'Routinely Disregard' Safeguarding Principles On Gender Identity

1 hour ago, Hecate said:

Yes, I read the posts in which you say you hit your kid as a form of discipline.

It's tragic that people do not know, let alone try to justify it,  that it's never been or will be ok to hit children, and guess Id  have to ask what about wives too,  because in Justin's head a slap might not be seen as domestic violence.

Edited by steve68

3 minutes ago, steve68 said:

It's tragic that people do not know, let alone try to justify it,  that it's never been or will be ok to hit children, and guess Id  have to ask what about wives too,  because in Justin's head a slap might not be seen as domestic violence.

Violence in any form is  not acceptable except in a few circumstances in my humble opinion. 

• Like 1

On 31/03/2023 at 14:13, Hecate said:

From your other posts I can't imagine that you feel any great solidarity with gender-critical feminists, so what's your reasoning for your objections to the 'trans agenda'?

The problem i have with trans politics is the requirement that i must deny reality or face consequences - very much like 1984 with "How many lights?".

When i am looking at a man and they look like man and they sound like a man, i find it an attack on my intelligence to deny that they are a man. I worked with someone who was trans and we got on really well, but it was difficult to interact with them as if they weren't male. I'm talking to, to all intents and purposes, a man, but i have to suspend reality so as not to offend.

And that's before we get on to the crap about gender being a 'social construct' and the issue of trans women in womens' sport.

14 hours ago, Hecate said:

Yes, I read the posts in which you say you hit your kid as a form of discipline.

Stop trolling and misquoting me.

I also note you did not reveal if you had kids or not.

14 hours ago, sibon said:

What would you do if your lad slapped you back?

Quite often tries slapping his parents when he is really upset, usually when we remove him from the computer.

He gets told off for it, but I accept he's obsessed with that bloody computer, yet more reason I wish I was bringing him up to the 70s or 80s.  

Edited by Chekhov

13 hours ago, RJRB said:

The thought of a child pleading to be slapped is cringeworthy.

Not really, it just emphasises that he's more bothered about being banned from the computer.

Ideally kids should not be subject to corporal punishment but when they're at the stage in their development when they have no concept of consequences of the future, and they do something really naughty, there is still  a place for it in my book.

My lad is getting to the stage where a threat of what might happen tomorrow is starting to mean something to him so can be used for disciplining more effectively.

I once saw a young child pretty much attacking one of his parents and they effectively did nothing about it. They said they never slapped him and he was oblivious to any threats as to what might happen if he kept going, so they were having to hold his arms off them and he just went on till he got too tired to carry on.

Some parents might want to do that, and that is up to them, I wouldn't.

17 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

Stop trolling and misquoting me.

I also note you did not reveal if you had kids or not.

I'm not trolling.  You said you hit your kid as a form of discipline.  If you don't want that quoted back at you then don't say it (and preferably don't do it either).

I know this is shocking, but parents aren't presented with a gift basket of parental responsibility and intelligence on the birth of their children, and while experience might teach them how to change a nappy without coating themselves and the child with **** (which I acknowledge I couldn't do) it apparently doesn't inevitably provide the ability to learn good sense and judgement. 

Clearly some parents shouldn't be left in charge of a doorknob, let alone a child.

Edited by Guest

6 minutes ago, Hecate said:

I'm not trolling.  You said you hit your kid as a form of discipline.  If you don't want that quoted back at you then don't say it (and preferably don't do it either).

I know this is shocking, but parents aren't presented with a gift basket of parental responsibility and intelligence on the birth of their children, and while experience might teach them how to change a nappy without coating themselves and the child with **** (which I acknowledge I couldn't do) it apparently doesn't inevitably provide the ability to learn good sense and judgement. 

Clearly some parents clearly shouldn't be left in charge of a doorknob, let alone a child.

You are trolling, you are persistently and deliberately misquoting me to further your trolling, I actually said :

Hitting is striking someone (usually punching or kicking them) with the intention to cause pain and possible injury, so yes I would agree they should be in serious trouble.

However, slapping a wilfully naughty child does not come under that definition and it doesn't even hurt them that much. I would point out, BTW, that I only slap my lad when he has been deliberately and seriously disobedient and/or doing something dangerous. Furthermore, when we discipline him differently, which is the vast majority of the time (e.g. no computer time today), he often pleads with me to slap him instead. I decline obviously.

>>Clearly some parents clearly shouldn't be left in charge of a doorknob, let alone a child.<<

My lad is doing just fine, he'll do alright for himself, he is confident and sociable and I doubt very much he'll end up as a criminal or generally  dishonest. He is being bought up to value honesty above all, for example I am hopeful he will never commit adultery or anything like that.

Just out of interest, if you don't even have any kids, what makes you think you know so much about parenting ? 

Edited by Chekhov

1 minute ago, Chekhov said:

You are trolling, you are persistently and deliberately misquoting me to further your trolling, I actually said :

Hitting is striking someone (usually punching or kicking them) with the intention to cause pain and possible injury, so yes I would agree they should be in serious trouble.

However, slapping a wilfully naughty child does not come under that definition and it doesn't even hurt them that much. I would point out, BTW, that I only slap my lad when he has been deliberately and seriously disobedient and/or doing something dangerous. Furthermore, when we discipline him differently, which is the vast majority of the time (e.g. no computer time today), he often pleads with me to slap him instead. I decline obviously.

>>Clearly some parents clearly shouldn't be left in charge of a doorknob, let alone a child.<<

My lad is doing just fine, he'll do alright for himself, he is confident and sociable and I doubt very much he'll end up as a criminal or generally  dishonest.

Just out of interest, if you don't even have any kids, what makes you think you know so much about parenting ? 

Like most people he probably learned things from his own parents? 

I'm not a doctor but I know how the body works 

I know what you said.  Quoting and requoting it - and ignoring the posts in which I responded to your dictionary definition of 'slap' - isn't going to detract from the fact that you said that you hit your child as a form of discipline,

Do I need to be a parent to know that hitting a child is not a good thing?  How about those parents who've also made the same point?