Plans To House Migrants On Military Bases.

Tory councils threaten legal action over government plans to house asylum seekers at military bases

Conservative-run district councils in Essex and Lincolnshire say they will fight the scheme that will see thousands of people placed in the disused buildings.

https://news.sky.com/story/tory-councils-threaten-legal-action-over-government-plans-to-house-asylum-seekers-at-military-bases-12844876

https://www.lbc.co.uk/news/refugees-housed-military-bases-raf-scampton/

I for one think this is a terrible idea..

Your thoughts?

6 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Tory councils threaten legal action over government plans to house asylum seekers at military bases

Conservative-run district councils in Essex and Lincolnshire say they will fight the scheme that will see thousands of people placed in the disused buildings.

https://news.sky.com/story/tory-councils-threaten-legal-action-over-government-plans-to-house-asylum-seekers-at-military-bases-12844876

https://www.lbc.co.uk/news/refugees-housed-military-bases-raf-scampton/

I for one think this is a terrible idea.. 

Your thoughts?

It is a good idea and the law needs to be changed to prevent the migrants leaving the bases.  I understand why the councils are not happy especially given the £300 million  proposed investment for the former Scampton base. 

12 minutes ago, Axe said:

It is a good idea and the law needs to be changed to prevent the migrants leaving the bases.  I understand why the councils are not happy especially given the £300 million  proposed investment for the former Scampton base. 

Interesting that many of those objecting to these developments in their constituencies have high profile MPs

James Cleverley in Essex, Edward Leigh in Lincolnshire, and Huw Merriment in Kent all voiced opposition to the Government policy. Which is a little embarrassing given that  Cleverley and Merriment are members of the Government.

Edited by Mister M

Well there are currently 500,000 "asylum seekers" in temporary accommodation and 80,000 arrived last year so theyre gonna need a military base the size of Sheffield to house them all

None of these people are being detained in hotels so we'll see them scatter like cockroaches as soon as they start moving people into these bases

So thats hundreds of thousands of young men roaming around the country and we have no idea who they are, where theyre from or what crimes they have committed before they got here.

Edited by Jack Grey

7 minutes ago, Mister M said:

Interesting that many of those objecting to these developments in their constituencies have high profile MPs

James Cleverley in Essex, Edward Leigh in Lincolnshire, and Huw Merriment in Kent all voiced opposition to the Government policy. Which is a little embarrassing given that  Cleverley and Merriment are members of the Government.

It is the job of all MPs to act in their constituencies interest.  It is understandable locals do not want criminal migrants mainly young males living on their doorstep.

4 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

Out of interest, why do they all seem to want to come here? is it because they see the UK as the 'Land of Milk & Honey'?

Yes according to the gutter press, people on benefits live the life of Riley.

No wonder they want to come here. 

Though they find out the hard way that the yellow press are just liars.

Not that I think migrants or those seeking asylum want to claim benefits and do nothing. All the migrants I've spoken to have a strong work ethic.

Edited by Mister M