Plans To House Migrants On Military Bases.

2 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

I've absolutely no doubt the Tories are making more of an issue about the problem than it really is and they have had long enough to sort the problem out.

The numbers dont lie though.....and its been happening for decades

80,000 arriving by boat

How many arrived and did not claim asylum but simply disappeared into the night

How many more by lorry

And then we have the university visa loophole and people who overstay their travel visas

Thats hundreds of thousands of people here illegally every year

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Jack Grey said:

I predict that they will have an amnesty and allow anyone who is already here asylum and grant them the right to work

That's the only way they will clear the backlog

That’s what I think. Clear the system, start again and crack down on the new claims.

• Like 1

Guest ThaBoom
16 hours ago, Jack Grey said:

Free home, free food, free money, free healthcare, free dentist, free education, weak police, weak courts, millions in legal aid and they know that once they are here they will never ever be deported

If you were unfortunate like some of these people, I'm sure you'd try get to a better place- especially if you have children.

Let's be grateful what some of us have abundantly- may be that is meant to be a lesson too.

Also, remember some refugees flea their once happy countries- destroyed by war with UK involved in some of it!

Iraq

Afghanistan 

Libya

8 minutes ago, ThaBoom said:

If you were unfortunate like some of these people, I'm sure you'd try get to a better place- especially if you have children.

Let's be grateful what some of us have abundantly- may be that is meant to be a lesson too.

Also, remember some refugees flea their once happy countries- destroyed by war with UK involved in some of it!

Iraq

Afghanistan 

Libya

I dont blame people wanting to come here for a better life.....but that doesnt mean they have the right to

I would love to live in a Palace in Dubai....just because its a better life doesnt mean i can just go and move in to one

I dont think we should've gone to war in Iraq, Afghanistan , Libya

But some people have short memories.....british soldiers died trying to defend the people and to remove violent genocidal dictators 

And because your country is at war doesnt give anyone the right to travel thousands of miles through 10 safe countries to pay people smugglers thousands of pounds to get on a boat to enter the UK illegally 

I thought people like yourself would be angry that tens of thousands of predominantly young men are jumping in front of genuine refugees

Edited by Jack Grey
  • Like 1

I cannot see any thing wrong in housing folk on these bases as long as they are dry and warm . Much better than living in tents and ramshackle huts in France ,(so caring France is int it ) .

as long as asylum requests are quickly looked at and processed that is .

11 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

I cannot see any thing wrong in housing folk on these bases as long as they are dry and warm . Much better than living in tents and ramshackle huts in France ,(so caring France is int it ) .

as long as asylum requests are quickly looked at and processed that is .

Surely France has a good policy

They dont offer these migrants a life of luxury so they want to leave to come here where they get a 5 star hotel and three meals a day

In our town it is now 5 weeks to see or speak to a doctor at our practice.On asking a nurse why this was I was shocked by her reply .She said they had the required number of doctors but the number of registered patients to the GP practice had doubled.The council has recently said there is no change to the population of the town,but I think it is the government pressurizing the council to say that.

People fleeing from danger because of no fault of their own deserve our help.

The system needs speeding up but I appreciate it must be very hard to verify claims.

What I find frustrating is those arriving for other reasons should be by doing so through authorised methods.

Why aren't the fit young men working at improving their own countries and helping to look after their elderly and sick.?

Regarding barracks I have lived in very old barracks and even a converted factory. We had to keep them clean and tidy. There were always beds, cookhouses and social areas.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, fuddyduddy4 said:

In our town it is now 5 weeks to see or speak to a doctor at our practice.On asking a nurse why this was I was shocked by her reply .She said they had the required number of doctors but the number of registered patients to the GP practice had doubled.The council has recently said there is no change to the population of the town,but I think it is the government pressurizing the council to say that.

Buy a dinghy and go to Dover and claim asylum

You'll get to see a GP with the hour