Plans To House Migrants On Military Bases.

Just now, Mister M said:

Yes according to the gutter press, people on benefits live the life of Riley.

No wonder they want to come here. 

Though they find out the hard way that the yellow press are just liars.

There must be some reason they take their lives into their hands to leave the European mainland, though?

4 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

There must be some reason they take their lives into their hands to leave the European mainland, though?

In the interviews that I've seen of people crossing the channel, the one they all say is they know someone over here - whether that's a friend - or a friend of a friend, and they've heard that that person has been able to build a life for themselves here.

I think what should  happen is some kind of supranational organisation advise governments about how many migrants they should take. 

With a looming climate catastrophe and the world becoming more unstable, migration is only going to increase. 

I'm not in favour of migration by boat. I understand that people feel they have no choice. However there are the elderly, the sick, disabled, women and children who are under represented on these boats. If the system was functioning and not a basket case then a genuine system could be set up.

2 minutes ago, Mister M said:

In the interviews that I've seen of people crossing the channel, the one they all say is they know someone over here - whether that's a friend - or a friend of a friend, and they've heard that that person has been able to build a life for themselves here.

I think what should  happen is some kind of supranational organisation advise governments about how many migrants they should take. 

With a looming climate catastrophe and the world becoming more unstable, migration is only going to increase. 

I'm not in favour of migration by boat. I understand that people feel they have no choice. However there are the elderly, the sick, disabled, women and children who are under represented on these boats. If the system was functioning and not a basket case then a genuine system could be set up.

Fair enough, although how truthful some of those claims are is open to question. As you say, there seems to be a preponderance of young, fit males.

I thought there was already some form of intergovernmental organisation?

24 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

Out of interest, why do they all seem to want to come here? is it because they see the UK as the 'Land of Milk & Honey'?

Free home, free food, free money, free healthcare, free dentist, free education, weak police, weak courts, millions in legal aid and they know that once they are here they will never ever be deported

Edited by Jack Grey
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Jack Grey said:

Free home, free food, free money, free healthcare, free dentist, free education, weak police, weak courts, millions in legal aid and they know that once they are here they will never ever be deported

Sorry but not all of that is true. 

Yes free shelter, they don't get free food. Their given around £40 for the week to survive on which includes food, toiletries etc. Also that money does not increase if they have children with them. 

Free healthcare and free education yes because we aren't a scumbag country 

Edited by Delayed