Plans To House Migrants On Military Bases.

7 minutes ago, Mister M said:

Not that I'm aware of.

I just think it would be a good idea based on the fact that the world seems to be much more unstable, and if it prevents these perilous journeys across the channel, then it would be a good thing.

That was the point I was making that comparing the number of people arriving in countries which are a different size to ours and have different ways of life etc. should not be used to shame us on the number of people coming here.

13 minutes ago, Anna B said:

I had heard that we take less refugees than other countries. I don't know how true that is.

Yes that's true

SEI_147370963.jpg?w=638

8 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Put them up in makeshift tents then , they didn't mind them in France .

If, God forbid, we had a civil war, or some calamity that befell us; how would you want to be treated by other countries?

With kindness, respect, dignity?

9 minutes ago, harvey19 said:

That was the point I was making that comparing the number of people arriving in countries which are a different size to ours and have different ways of life etc. should not be used to shame us on the number of people coming here.

But the rhetoric, and the way many vulnerable people are referred to should shame us. In my opinion.

Just now, cressida said:

I don't mind genuine refugees arriving it's the illegal ones which bump up the numbers and as someone said most of them are males,  does anyone know or estimate how many illegal ones are sent back.

I'd guess it was very very few. If it was a substantial number then the government would be shouting about it from the rooftops. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Mister M said:

But the rhetoric, and the way many vulnerable people are referred to should shame us. In my opinion.

But that is another matter.

Facts on eligibility and capacity are what are need to be the deciding factors by each country individually.

Guest sibon
1 hour ago, The_DADDY said:

My bold.

Will that ever happen though?

I don’t think that this government want to.

It is far more useful to them to demonise all of  the people arriving by boat, rather than actually doing something about it.