Plans To House Migrants On Military Bases.

34 minutes ago, Delayed said:

I'm sorry but it's not a crime. That's what the Tories are trying to do. 

See this is the issue. Seeking Asylum is not a crime, being a refugee is not a crime. Entering a country as a refugee is not a crime. And there's no mandate to state that asylum must be claimed immediately upon entry. 

So no they aren't criminals. We just don't like the way they are entering the country. 

Youre assuming they are genuine

Theres no war in France so they arrived here illegally and its a crime

And now hopefully they will be detained until we figure out if they are rapist and murderers

And the fact you mentioned 'The Tories' indicates to me that for you its political but for me its about protecting our country from criminals and freeloaders 

Edited by Jack Grey

1 minute ago, hackey lad said:

What do you want to happen ?

Whatever money being spent on Rwanda to actually be spent on employing more immigration staff so that once a claim has failed or someone has no right to stay, they are moved through the system quicker 

10 minutes ago, fools said:

All of this happens to people born in this country, it's all Thatchers fault according to BBC panorama.

Really?

With Richard Sharp, Robbie Gibb, Tom Davie and other Tories all occupying senior management posts at the BBC.

55 minutes ago, fools said:

How many hotel stars counts as dignified treatment?

That's a pretty low thing to say.

How would you feel if God forbid something terrible happened in this country, and we had to flee. 

How would you like to be treated by other countries: with kindness and dignity I hope.

I mean we know that you were extremely wounded when you got a 24 hour ban on here.

Edited by Mister M

1 minute ago, Jack Grey said:

Youre assuming they are genuine

Theres no war in France so they arrived here illegally and its a crime

And now hopefully they will be detained until we figure out if they are rapist and murderers

And the fact you mentioned 'The Tories' indicates to me that for you its political but for me its about protecting our country from criminals and freeloaders 

And you're assuming they all aren't. 

It's not a crime which is why no one is being prosecuted. And there's no rule to say that you must be seeking refuge from the last country you passes through. You're making things up. 

We do security check them. What do you think immigration staff do when they encounter them? They don't give then money and send them straight on their way

2 minutes ago, Mister M said:

Really?

With Richard Sharp, Robbie Gibb, Tom Davie and other Tories all occupying senior management posts at the BBC.

Have you been rifling through the bins again, has Love Island finished

1 minute ago, fools said:

Have you been rifling through the bins again, has Love Island finished

You've got a nerve accusing me of rifling through the bins, when you desire to treat vulnerable people in as mean a way as possible.

What makes you think I watch Love Island?  Strange thing to say. For most people.

2 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

That I can agree with.

My views on immigration are very centralised. Obviously there's genuine and non genuine but I think today it's very easy to lump everyone together on both sides of the argument. This is what the Tories are doing currently to get tough on immigration 

10 minutes ago, Delayed said:

And you're assuming they all aren't. 

It's not a crime which is why no one is being prosecuted. And there's no rule to say that you must be seeking refuge from the last country you passes through. You're making things up. 

We do security check them. What do you think immigration staff do when they encounter them? They don't give then money and send them straight on their way

Yeah well because of bleeding heart liberals like you its a free for all

Youyre using semantics but we're gonna change the law so hopefully you and the greedy ambulance chasing human rights lawyers wont have a leg to stand on

• Haha 1

Just now, Jack Grey said:

Yeah well because of bleeding heart liberals like you its a free for all

Youyre using semantics but we're gonna change the law so hopefully you and the greedy ambulance chasing human rights lawyers wont have a leg to stand on

See? This response is exactly my point. 

Apparently I'm a leftie liberal because I've educated someone that has been taken in by typical daily mail headlines. 

It's sad to see so many people so deeply entrenched in their views