Why Should People Vote Labour In May ?

1 hour ago, HumbleNarrator said:

The non voting worthless lumpen class should be disposed of.

Easy enough to say but,  if political parties offer something worth voting for, most voters would be glad to vote.

Do the parties tell us what they stand for or what they intend to do if they get power?   No chance

No good saying  we will make it a better place.   We want to know how.

If people have a choice of voting for 3 useless parties who are all going to do the same (hardly anything) and not much will change.   Why bother.

The incumbents of the last 20 odd years have done nothing but destroy and put nice paving down.

2 hours ago, Organgrinder said:

Easy enough to say but,  if political parties offer something worth voting for, most voters would be glad to vote.

Do the parties tell us what they stand for or what they intend to do if they get power?   No chance

No good saying  we will make it a better place.   We want to know how.

If people have a choice of voting for 3 useless parties who are all going to do the same (hardly anything) and not much will change.   Why bother.

The incumbents of the last 20 odd years have done nothing but destroy and put nice paving down.

You see,  you have just proved my point. You've kept saying the word 'parties'. Your entire focus is on what parties are offering and what the parties say they are going to do......

However, you are not voting for a party. You are voting for a person.  It should be whether the person is suitable that focus should be on. It should be on the actions of the person and how they vote in committees and what they prioritise or what background and skills they have which makes them the best representative for your chosen needs and area.

It's not just about red, blue and yellow but people will just never see beyond it.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ECCOnoob said:

You see,  you have just proved my point. You've kept saying the word 'parties'. Your entire focus is on what parties are offering and what the parties say they are going to do......

However, you are not voting for a party. You are voting for a person.  It should be whether the person is suitable that focus should be on. It should be on the actions of the person and how they vote in committees and what they prioritise or what background and skills they have which makes them the best representative for your chosen needs and area.

It's not just about red, blue and yellow but people will just never see beyond it.

You vote for the party not the person, Blair then Brown, Johnson then Sunack, etc etc.

from what i am told lib/dems only need 3 seats to take control of the city ,i think give them a five year chance and i think things will get better,but who evers in charge will have a huge task in the next few years,but i think labour have wasted thousands and its time for a change.

7 hours ago, spilldig said:

You vote for the party not the person, Blair then Brown, Johnson then Sunack, etc etc.

Nope - personally speaking i vote for the best candidate that matches my interests in where i live and that i think can do the best job in the area that they will be representing me.

only time i ever let a political party influence sway my vote was when Corbyn was in charge of the labour party and i voted for the party i think stood the best chance of winning a seat held by Labour 

12 hours ago, spilldig said:

Strange.  There was no Blair, Brown, Johnson, Sunak on my list of candidates for my constituency???     I bet they weren't on yours either.

No.  You vote for your constituency MP in a general election. That's it.  That's how it's always been. More people need to get that into their thick heads and start focusing who is going to be the best representative for them and serve the needs of their area instead of constantly chasing the party colours and moronically following the heard. 

Maybe then we might actually get a more balanced parliament or in this case council chamber that people have constantly being dreaming of.  

8 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

Strange.  There was no Blair, Brown, Johnson, Sunak on my list of candidates for my constituency???     I bet they weren't on yours either.

No.  You vote for your constituency MP in a general election. That's it.  That's how it's always been. More people need to get that into their thick heads and start focusing who is going to be the best representative for them and serve the needs of their area instead of constantly chasing the party colours and moronically following the heard. 

Maybe then we might actually get a more balanced parliament or in this case council chamber that people have constantly being dreaming of.  

Paul Blomfield is my MP and I think he’s decent. Who’s your MP?

• Like 1