Why Should People Vote Labour In May ?

Guest busdriver1
1 hour ago, Pyrotequila said:

Ironically, 15 minutes after makin this post we got a leaflet through from the Green party.... nope!

That's the only leaflet or communication we've had from any party so far.

I hope you recycled it responsibly 🤣

Had some Labour local election literature post through the letter box today. 

One of the points they highlight is regarding the number 10 bus route which ran up to the Hallamshire Hosp., the route was discontinued last year much to the inconvenience of many. 

The local Labour Party are blaming both the Lib Dems & Greens for voting against it's reinstatement & that if you vote for the chosen Labour candidate, they will fight to get the bus back. 

I'm a bit confused?  I thought there was already a Labour majority on Sheffield council so:

1.  How can the Lib Dems & Greens vote a bus route or anything,  down given the Labour majority? 

2. Why do we need another Labour councillor to be in post to get a bus route reinstated given the above?

3.  I thought the bus route was removed purely on economic grounds after a subsidy was removed? 

1 minute ago, Baron99 said:

Had some Labour local election literature post through the letter box today. 

One of the points they highlight is regarding the number 10 bus route which ran up to the Hallamshire Hosp., the route was discontinued last year much to the inconvenience of many. 

The local Labour Party are blaming both the Lib Dems & Greens for voting against it's reinstatement & that if you vote for the chosen Labour candidate, they will fight to get the bus back. 

I'm a bit confused?  I thought there was already a Labour majority on Sheffield council so:

1.  How can the Lib Dems & Greens vote a bus route or anything,  down given the Labour majority? 

2. Why do we need another Labour councillor to be in post to get a bus route reinstated given the above?

3.  I thought the bus route was removed purely on economic grounds after a subsidy was removed? 

And there is also the 120 that goes there.

The PTE/SYMCA decide which services they subsidise - not local councillors.

5 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

And there is also the 120 that goes there.

The PTE/SYMCA decide which services they subsidise - not local councillors.

So its all a bit misleading or somewhat bending of the facts then?

Alright, I'll say it.  The local Labour Party look as though they're lying when they claim that if you vote for another Labour councillor, the number 10 bus will be back?

Edited by Baron99
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Baron99 said:

So its all a bit misleading or somewhat bending of the facts then?

Alright, I'll say it.  The local Labour Party look as though they're lying when they claim that if you vote for another Labour councillor, the number 10 bus will be back?

It certainly is.

The other point to be considered is that the #10 was run by Powells, so stopped when they collapsed, and no other operator was prepared to take it on.

• Like 1