Why Should People Vote Labour In May ?

2 minutes ago, Planner1 said:

Could it have been a vote of some kind on whether to continue the No 10 as a supported ( ie subsidised by the Combined Authority) service?

If that was done in a Combined Authority board or committee, where there are councillors of all the major parties, ( see the list here ) it might explain that the Greens and Lib Dem’s voted against?

I have zero idea how the SYCMA operates (or doesn't), but I do know, from other sources, that they attempted to get operators to take over Powells services. Some of them were transferred, but a number of them couldn't be found other operators, as they were uneconomic, and no sane business will take on a loss-making operation - would you?

• Like 1

Just as a follow-up to the above, maybe if the rather dirty white elephant which is 'Sheffield Connect' - the Coppard/Fox pet project - had not happened - they might have had enough spare cash to support the service 10 route to a level that made it attractive, although that still may not have saved it - don't know if you're aware, but there is a shortage of bus drivers - nationwide.

2 hours ago, RollingJ said:

Just as a follow-up to the above, maybe if the rather dirty white elephant which is 'Sheffield Connect' - the Coppard/Fox pet project - had not happened - they might have had enough spare cash to support the service 10 route to a level that made it attractive, although that still may not have saved it - don't know if you're aware, but there is a shortage of bus drivers - nationwide.

There's a shortage of everything and everybody because no one wants to put their hands in their pockets and pay for anything.

We have finally reached the utopia that Thatcher instructed the tories to aim for.

Edited by Organgrinder

9 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

There's a shortage of everything and everybody because no one wants to put their hands in their pockets and pay for anything.

We have finally reached the utopia that Thatcher instructed the tories to aim for.

With respect, as usual, you are not thinking things through in your responses as you just want to bash 'the Tories'. I specifically said there was a lack of bus drivers (for  various reasons), and that has led to a decrease is the ability of operators to provide services. One reason being that PSV licence holders will find it easier to get an HGV one, and a job which (possibly) pays more.

Just now, RollingJ said:

With respect, as usual, you are not thinking things through in your responses as you just want to bash 'the Tories'. I specifically said there was a lack of bus drivers (for  various reasons), and that has led to a decrease is the ability of operators to provide services. One reason being that PSV licence holders will find it easier to get an HGV one, and a job which (possibly) pays more.

I find it incredible that people can blame Mrs Thatcher for things that are happening now.

I also find it incredible that people can hate a political party when they are enjoying a standard of living superior to that of past generations.

• Like 1

Just now, RollingJ said:

Yes, for various reasons.    Those reasons being what I have just said.     ALL DOWN TO THE TORIES.    Under the Tory philosophy, NOBODY WANTS TO PAY.

Yes, I do want to bash the tories, and with good reason.   In case you haven't noticed, the majority of the country feel the same.

21 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

Yes, for various reasons.    Those reasons being what I have just said.     ALL DOWN TO THE TORIES.    Under the Tory philosophy, NOBODY WANTS TO PAY.

Yes, I do want to bash the tories, and with good reason.   In case you haven't noticed, the majority of the country feel the same.

And nowhere in that rather rambling response did you really answer the specific point I made about the lack of PSV drivers, and ONE of the contributory factors for that - there are others, but I won't bother trying to explain them to you - you are obviously incapable of coherent cognisance.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

And nowhere in that rather rambling response did you really answer the specific point I made about the lack of PSV drivers, and ONE of the contributory factors for that - there are others, but I won't bother trying to explain them to you - you are obviously incapable of coherent cognisance.

The lack of PSV drivers came about through THE TORIE'S Brexit.

Foreign HGV drivers don't want to come over here which left us with a shortage.  This could have been easily predicted by the way, but wasn't

Then the Haulage firms advertised for drivers offering large pay rises and incentives and, the poorly paid PSV drivers left their jobs in droves to train for HGV jobs.

It comes back to the same point in the circle.  The Tory government caused the lot and still don't know what to do about it.

3 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

The lack of PSV drivers came about through THE TORIE'S Brexit.

Foreign HGV drivers don't want to come over here which left us with a shortage.  This could have been easily predicted by the way, but wasn't

Then the Haulage firms advertised for drivers offering large pay rises and incentives and, the poorly paid PSV drivers left their jobs in droves to train for HGV jobs.

It comes back to the same point in the circle.  The Tory government caused the lot and still don't know what to do about it.

Don't forget with closing some of the railway lines more goods have to travel by road.