Why Should People Vote Labour In May ?

1 minute ago, HeHasRisen said:

I dont disagree, except for the bit in bold which is clearly rubbish given other income streams wont have risen at the same rate, or have gone down.

My only point is nobody on the ballot, or nobody who can be on the ballot, can do a single thing about it. 

Then like me you should be very very angry. 

I've worked hard all my life, paid my taxes, and saved a little. I've played the game and kept to the rules, as have most people.

I put my trust in the great and the good in charge to manage the big stuff and to do a good job.  

I expected a lot better than this. 

8 minutes ago, harvey19 said:

Very depressing for democracy implemented  by voting.

Democracy is a scam, used to keep the little people quiet. 

Let them think they have a say, when the entire system is rigged against them. If it actually worked it would be banned...

All we are good for is paying tax in.

7 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Yes, I suppose if you demand every pavement swept daily you probably are a bit angry, aye.

Don't patronise me. I'm not the one asking for pavements to be swept. (even though apparently we could afford it at one time... )

I am angry about sick people not getting the treatment they deserve, old people without services they depend on and have paid for over the years, working people having to go to food banks to make ends meet, and people committing suicide in despair. 

Just for a start.

Edited by Anna B

Just now, harvey19 said:

From reading some of the posts it appears that things are going to get worse .

What can be done to change this ?

Massive tax rises. Massive tax rises nobody would stand for. 

Croydon just put their council tax up 15% this year, having to get special dispensation to do so. Now imagine if that happened everywhere else.

2 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Massive tax rises. Massive tax rises nobody would stand for. 

Croydon just put their council tax up 15% this year, having to get special dispensation to do so. Now imagine if that happened everywhere else.

Would that improve things or just keep things going ?

If improvements are caused by it what form are they ?

Edited by harvey19

Just now, harvey19 said:

Would that improve things or just keep things going ?

No idea. It would add a little bit to the pot I suppose. 

The issue is central government funding anyway. Nobody elected at a local level has any say in it.

Just now, HeHasRisen said:

No idea. It would add a little bit to the pot I suppose. 

The issue is central government funding anyway. Nobody elected at a local level has any say in it.

But local government have a say in how central government grants are spent ref. the Fargate containers and plant pots blocking off roads.

Just now, harvey19 said:

But local government have a say in how central government grants are spent ref. the Fargate containers and plant pots blocking off roads.

Those are in addition to the core funding, which is what I am referring to.  Those schemes you refer to are in essence "extras". If the containers or pots didnt exist the money wouldnt have been given to Sheffield for them anyway, so its moot.

Edited by HeHasRisen