Ullrich out of the Tour

Dug

I wonder too. I recall several cases of pro riders who grassed cheats up and the whole peloton made their lives a misery and they had to quit their career. If it was only a minority using drugs why would the peloton care about them exposing the cheats?

i read an article in one of the cycling mags a year or so back about this retiered cyclist who during his career tried to make it in europe but he said he decided it was not for him as there were so many drugs around it was like working with a chemist on the team things like that make you think.

Its possible he was a rider that didn't make the grade and was rather disruntled, though his words are correct.

Many riders are anti drugs and the trouble is if they speak out they get accused of slandering the sport in general and get a hard time at races.

However quietly when riders get caught they must be laughing there cleats off ( cleats being under there shoes ;) ).

They have " all " done it in the past and would not supprise me if the riders of Merckz era and before all took drugs of some kind.

The tests then were non existant unlike today and the 1998 Festina scandel made a big change into drug taking in cycling.

On the subject of drugs, Miller now lies in 14th position hopefully without the help of EPO.

• 2 weeks later...

It will be interesting when they publish the full list of all sportsmen and women implicated with the Madrid Clinic and not just the cyclists. Apparently there are footballers, tennis players (Nadal was rumoured) and athletes who were clients!

It will be interesting when they publish the full list of all sportsmen and women implicated with the Madrid Clinic and not just the cyclists. Apparently there are footballers, tennis players (Nadal was rumoured) and athletes who were clients!

yep lets not forget that cycling is the most drug tested sport there is makes me wonder if they tested footballers ect as much they might well find that it is not just cycling that has a serious problem.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived