Cost Of Living 'Crisis'

1 minute ago, RollingJ said:

Pot - kettle - black.

And they said, Is not this Joseph's son? And he said unto them, Ye will surely say unto me this proverb, Physician, heal thyself: whatsoever we have heard done in Capernaum, do also here in thy country.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

And they said, Is not this Joseph's son? And he said unto them, Ye will surely say unto me this proverb, Physician, heal thyself: whatsoever we have heard done in Capernaum, do also here in thy country.

Here is another proverb, man with hole in pocket feels cocky all day.  :hihi:

• Haha 3

24 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

Pot - kettle - black.

And again,   not a word about the subject   -   what a brain

23 minutes ago, fools said:

carry on making a fool of yourself frothing about profits.

And again you fools

4 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

Well the last bit isnt entirely accurate now is it? But point taken. 

Ive told people on here countless times how to get cheaper unit rates tbh, and I think only @The_DADDY actually bothered to take the hint.

And I'm very happy I did matey 🙏

No wonder tory supporters on here are in denial of the cost of living crisis, energy price hype, increase in mortage rises,  when their head honcho Sunak is also in denial, a Look North reporter in York to spoke buisness owners which were  closing their shops ect because of the current situation then later the reporter spoke to Sunak about the struggling buisness owners and Sunak in complete denial said buisnesses are doing well,  he is either lying or hasn't got a clue as to what is going on, not olny around the UK but in his own constituency which he cares so much about that he is off to Disney World on Holiday.  :hihi:

10 hours ago, El Cid said:

Should the Bank of England increase interest rates tomorrow?

Do they know best? More costly mortgages and economic growth falling because companies with COVID debts are paying more.

That rather depends on whether they have 'real world' experience, and the when the country is run by the elite (and I include top civil service and bankers/financiers in that,) the answer is no. They have no concept of the everyday struggles of the man in the street, and the small business owners. They excuse this with rhetoric about 'the big picture.' Well pardon me, but the welfare of the electorate should be the big picture. 

The people in charge have allowed house prices to rise unabated to unaffordable levels, and just as important, failed to provide a decent alternative to house ownership. Thus we have record levels of homelessness and small businesses failing at an unprecedented rate. This is entirely due to 13 years of Tories looking after themselves and their rich cronies. 

I bought a house in 1980. The mortgage interest rate went up to 15% soon after (Tories in charge again.) It was a huge struggle, and required all sorts of jiggory pokery to manage, but we did manage, just...

Now it's  totally untenable. I feel for any young person trying to live a life in Britain today.

• Like 1