Cost Of Living 'Crisis'

10 minutes ago, Mister Gee said:

You tell me, I think Corbyn is a decent bloke.

I don't know, that's why I am asking.

It just seems odd that this decent, caring and good bloke would suffer such an annihilation at the polls.

Edited by Al Bundy

2 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

It just seems odd that this decent, caring and good bloke would suffer such an annihilation at the polls.

It’s clear we’re not a decent, caring or good country anymore.

9 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

What are your thoughts on Boris Johnson?

59 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

This Corbyn bloke that some on here seem to admire.....

Why do you think he suffered the worse result by an opposition party in nearly a 100 years if he was so good?

What happened?

You should take up more interest in Politics   -   he was ousted by the right of the Labour party who think they can win by re-playing the Tony Blair ticket full of Tory policies..

They are now realising that they need support from the left of the party  ( "Across the aisle" they describe it )   and I don't think that support will be forthcoming.

That will give us a hung parliament (which is just what I want anyway ).    You make of it what you will.

27 minutes ago, Mister Gee said:

It’s clear we’re not a decent, caring or good country anymore.

What are your thoughts on Boris Johnson?

Boris was a complete let down. I thought he would have been a decent PM but proved he wasn't up to the job when it mattered.

I got that one completely wrong.

I agree that the Western world has become a greedy, selfish and incredibly patronising society, it's not just the UK.

1 minute ago, Organgrinder said:

You should take up more interest in Politics   -   he was ousted by the right of the Labour party who think they can win by re-playing the Tony Blair ticket full of Tory policies..

They are now realising that they need support from the left of the party  ( "Across the aisle" they describe it )   and I don't think that support will be forthcoming.

That will give us a hung parliament (which is just what I want anyway ).    You make of it what you will.

Labour will easily win the next GE.

3 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

Boris was a complete let down. I thought he would have been a decent PM but proved he wasn't up to the job when it mattered.

I got that one completely wrong.

I agree that the Western world has become a greedy, selfish and incredibly patronising society, it's not just the UK.

Labour will easily win the next GE.

Corbyn was an alternative to this, we got Boris Johnson, Liz Truss and Sunak instead.

4 minutes ago, Mister Gee said:

Corbyn was an alternative to this, we got Boris Johnson, Liz Truss and Sunak instead.

I don't blame governments for what society has become.  Eastern Europe and parts of South Asia  have the some most corrupt and selfish governments around but are much safer, and on the whole more civilized.

13 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

I don't blame governments for what society has become.  Eastern Europe and parts of South Asia  have the some most corrupt and selfish governments around but are much safer, and on the whole more civilized.

Do you think that’s what the Conservative Party in this country are trying to emulate?

1 hour ago, Al Bundy said:

Indeed. 

But if this Corbyn bloke was so caring and good, why did he lose so badly?

Are you getting the job discription with PM mixed up with something else?

The PM job discription is who can tell the best porkies!

Johnson won it by a mile, but I can predict the race between Starmer and Sunak will be much closer.

15 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

I think that's down to the ridiculous sentences handed out for often serious crimes.

The cretin on the news today is a fine example   -   

filmed himself as he drove at 123 mph  and hit  a car with a puncture,   killing a pregnant woman and her unborn baby,  and left her 2 nieces  or nephews with life changing brain damage.

He got 12 years for that    -    I would have given him more than 12 years just for the 2 brain damaged kids.    I would have given him 40 years for the woman and her baby.

I also wouldn't let him serve it by playing games on a X Box in his cell either    -    I would make it hard labour.

The baddies laugh when they get sent to jail these days.