Cost Of Living 'Crisis'

1 minute ago, HeHasRisen said:

I've been using that branch on the Moor for over five years at least, maybe longer, and there has been no "one way system with alarms" at the till for all that time. 

Nor have I seen any of the security checking every reciept. The odd dodgy customer maybe, but that happens everywhere and haven't seen that for some time. 

They have one door in and one door out of the whole building to manage customer flow but it's hardly a one way system. 

Given mine and Hackeys experience at what I assume is the Crystal Peaks branch, may I suggest you are laying it on a bit thick. 

Did you read the article I attached?

5 minutes ago, Irene Swaine said:

Did you read the article I attached?

None of the branches in that article are in Sheffield, which is what I was initially asking you. And in any case it's no different to what Primark on the Moor now do. 

There is certainly no system anything like that in the Moor branch of Sainsbury's.  Nor is there a man there checking everyone receipt. 

Anyway, what's the issue even if there was? Are you a shoplifter? 

Edited by HeHasRisen

6 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

None of the branches in that article are in Sheffield, which is what I was initially asking you. And in any case it's no different to what Primark on the Moor now do. 

There is certainly no system anything like that in the Moor branch of Sainsbury's.  Nor is there a man there checking everyone receipt. 

Anyway, what's the issue even if there was? Are you a shoplifter? 

The issue is Hackeylad said that most of the tills were closed, I was pointing out the irony in having tills closed and also having unusual measures to ensure people have paid.

12 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

I've been using that branch on the Moor for over five years at least, maybe longer, and there has been no "one way system with alarms" at the till for all that time. 

Nor have I seen any of the security checking every reciept. The odd dodgy customer maybe, but that happens everywhere and haven't seen that for some time. 

They have one door in and one door out of the whole building to manage customer flow but it's hardly a one way system and it's sensible imo. 

Given mine and Hackeys experience at what I assume is the Crystal Peaks branch, may I suggest you are laying it on a bit thick. 

Yes , Crystal Peaks.

Employing one person to man the self service tills and one person to check every receipt on exit (not that this is actually happening of course, as I have proven) is still cheaper than employing 3 people to sit at a till and scan groceries. 

Edited by HeHasRisen

4 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Employing one person to man the self service tills and one person to check every receipt on exit (not that this is actually happening of course, as I have proven) is still cheaper than employing 3 people to sit at a till and scan groceries. 

It's not a customer friendly approach and it's the customer who ultimately decides whether the business makes a profit or not. The customer has plenty of choice in places to buy their groceries - Waitrose, M&S Foodhall, ALDI, LIDL, Tesco, Co-Operative, Morrison's ect.