Cost Of Living 'Crisis'

5 hours ago, Axe said:

Angela Rayner was asked how the Labour Party would bring down the rate of inflation faster and obviously does not have a clue.  Angela Rayner should have acknowledged the inflation rate has fallen sharply during the last 2 months then the interviewer would not have asked the question.  It does matter what the Labour Party says because there will be a general election next year and they need to convince the electorate they will do a better job than the current government. 

This thread is about the cost of living crisis and not the boat people.

Maybe you should acknowledge that inflation in this country has been higher in this country than in most Eurozone countries and N America.

Why Is Inflation Higher In Britain Than In The US And Europe? | HuffPost UK News (huffingtonpost.co.uk)

Why is UK inflation higher than other countries? - BBC News

Also, Sunak claiming credit for inflation falling is a complete nonsense, because when it was rising he was blaming 'external factors'. 

Edited by Mister M

1 minute ago, Irene Swaine said:

I have had to at Tesco. At Morrison's I had to ask and was told they were at the salad buffet, none on the food-to-go section.

Gosh, all that way from one section to the other? Did you have to use crampons and a compass?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

If you want to pay more for things, dont have one. Or, just make up a name and an email address and use it for the purpose of loyalty cards, its not tricky.

Oh no! Tesco know I buy toilet roll! Whatever will I do(?!)

It's data farming to see how they can gain control to instill a social credit system. They are being fiddled by the government who are being fiddled by the NWO. They want us digitally dependent. 

1 minute ago, HeHasRisen said:

Gosh, all that way from one section to the other? Did you have to use crampons and a compass?

The question is why a food to go section has no disposable cutlery. If I am taking it to the park, am I supposed to eat a pasta salad with my hands?

2 minutes ago, Irene Swaine said:

Tesco Millhouses - Abbeydale Road: Costa Franchise

Tesco Extra Saville Street: Costa Franchise

Tesco Rotherham Central: Costa Franchise (always closed when I have visited as well)

Last time I went in the first two it was their own cafe, indeed the branch locator online actually says "Tesco Cafe" for both branches.  

And the locator also says "Tesco Cafe" for the Rotherham one.

Nice try though.

2 minutes ago, Irene Swaine said:

The question is why a food to go section has no disposable cutlery.

No idea. Is it a hardship to walk maybe 20 meters over to the salad bar to nab a fork from the counter there, or do you need suggestions as to where to get some hiking gear from?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Irene Swaine said:

Tesco Millhouses - Abbeydale Road: Costa Franchise

Tesco Extra Saville Street: Costa Franchise

Tesco Rotherham Central: Costa Franchise (always closed when I have visited as well)

You seem to have a liking for only Tesco. Thy other supermarkets, the ones I use have forks aplenty,  customers toilets and self scan and tills with staff operating them ( your choice) and both systems will take cash as well as cards. Oh, I nearly forgot   an instore cafe as well.   By the way...it's not Tesco. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Irene Swaine said:

It's Costa.

No it isnt. Its a Tesco cafe that MAY be using Costa coffee for the coffee products, nothing more. And nothing wrong with that.

Unless you are now claiming Costa normally sell a range of food like this?

https://www.tesco.com/zones/tesco-cafe/lunch-menu?icid=tesco_cafe_hp_browse_menus_lunch_s2

Edited by HeHasRisen

28 minutes ago, fools said:

Another reason not to use the Club(spy)card scheme.

39 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

No it isnt. Its a Tesco cafe that MAY be using Costa coffee for the coffee products, nothing more. And nothing wrong with that.

Unless you are now claiming Costa normally sell a range of food like this?

https://www.tesco.com/zones/tesco-cafe/lunch-menu?icid=tesco_cafe_hp_browse_menus_lunch_s2

It could be that Costa provide the staff and branding and Tesco decide on the menu.