Cost Of Living 'Crisis'

5 minutes ago, Padders said:

Now and then I pop em in the microwave for 30secs.

The put some squirt squirt on em.

I imagine apple pies and squirt squirt are available for less money in Aldi. Morrisons are never going to be the cheapest place to shop

Edited by fools
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Interesting. They are advertised as 59g on that link, wonder if that's wrong or the change has only just happened? 

I bought them because on the price tag it said

Was £2-50

Now £1-50.

And I'll bet the £2-50 ones were 59g.

So their lying.

Hmmm... :huh:

At the risk of posting something rather mundane on this otherwise stimulating thread...
... but has anyone noticed a discrepancy in the number of digestive biscuits Aldi are now putting in their packets?

The packets are clearly marked as 400g, but the number of biscuits you get in a packet often varies.

Now before anyone starts, no I'm not the OCD obsessive type who counts the number of biscuits in a packet...
... it's just that I like to have a couple of biscuits with a cuppa, and I've noticed that most of the time I can finish a packet without any undue fuss, but sometimes there's only one left in the packet! :suspect:

And yes, I keep my digestive biscuits secure and safe from being tampered with by any inquisitive individuals, human or animal!

So either Mr Aldi is occasionally prone to losing count as he's filling the packets, or more likely, the weight of an individual biscuit varies so much that any standard deviation anomalies are compensated for by the weight of a single biscuit. :confused:

I've not taken my research any further at this moment in time, but obvious future investigations would include actually weighing each packet and not believing what's published on the wrapper, and of course, counting the number of biscuits in each packet to determine if a biscuit has been added, or as I suspect, surreptitiously removed...  

Your thoughts? :roll:

3 minutes ago, Mr Bloke said:

Hmmm... :huh:

At the risk of posting something rather mundane on this otherwise stimulating thread...
... but has anyone noticed a discrepancy in the number of digestive biscuits Aldi are now putting in their packets?

The packets are clearly marked as 400g, but the number of biscuits you get in a packet often varies.

Now before anyone starts, no I'm not the OCD obsessive type who counts the number of biscuits in a packet...
... it's just that I like to have a couple of biscuits with a cuppa, and I've noticed that most of the time I can finish a packet without any undue fuss, but sometimes there's only one left in the packet! :suspect:

And yes, I keep my digestive biscuits secure and safe from being tampered with by any inquisitive individuals, human or animal!

So either Mr Aldi is occasionally prone to losing count as he's filling the packets, or more likely, the weight of an individual biscuit varies so much that any standard deviation anomalies are compensated for by the weight of a single biscuit. :confused:

I've not taken my research any further at this moment in time, but obvious future investigations would include actually weighing each packet and not believing what's published on the wrapper, and of course, counting the number of biscuits in each packet to determine if a biscuit has been added, or as I suspect, surreptitiously removed...  

Your thoughts? :roll:

My thoughts? You're getting like Daddy. 😜

• Haha 1