Harry Kane Get's His Face Smashed In!

monzaman

13 hours ago, m williamson said:

Some years back Chris Morgan was smashed in the face at the Lane by an impressive forearm smash elbow by some Argentinian centre forward playing for Villa if I remember correctly. Not only didn't he go down but when interviewed on TV afterward he said something along the lines of " Well that type of thing can happen in the heat of the moment ".

The FA weren't so laid back about it and the lad responsible got a ban even though the ref missed it at the time.

Times have changed.

Yes it was and it was very mean of them.

Actually...

It was Juan Pablo Angel for Villa who gave Morgs a black eye. But, because the ref said he saw the incident, nothing came of it and the player wasn't punished, despite it being a foul and a possible red card.

The next week, Morgs gets a another black eye from McCulloch who played for Wigan. In Morgs' interview after he says that McCulloch came in to the U ited dressing room, shook his hand and apologised. Morgan respected him for that and was satisfied that the matter was over but, because the ref didn't see it, the FA banned McCulloch for a few games.

Ultimately, Morgan played within the spirit of the game and if he went down, it was because he was actually injured. Watching Kane was embarassing! Especially when you see the punishment rugby players go through and they stay on their feet.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, leviathan13 said:

Actually...

It was Juan Pablo Angel for Villa who gave Morgs a black eye. But, because the ref said he saw the incident, nothing came of it and the player wasn't punished, despite it being a foul and a possible red card.

The next week, Morgs gets a another black eye from McCulloch who played for Wigan. In Morgs' interview after he says that McCulloch came in to the U ited dressing room, shook his hand and apologised. Morgan respected him for that and was satisfied that the matter was over but, because the ref didn't see it, the FA banned McCulloch for a few games.

Ultimately, Morgan played within the spirit of the game and if he went down, it was because he was actually injured. Watching Kane was embarassing! Especially when you see the punishment rugby players go through and they stay on their feet.

Yes you're correct, my memory isn't what it used to be. I was at the game with Villa and remeber the incident but got the rest mixed up.

Morgan was old school and regarded it as a mans game where you gave it out and didn't whine when it came back. There are still players today with the same attitude. Egan, Basham, Fleck and a few more down at the Lane just get on with it and I'm sure every team will have a few still.

The problem is the money involved, get a player sent off, win the game as a result and that's thousands from a win bonus going into your account. 

• Like 2

Guest ThaBoom

Disappointing from Kane, especially as he's the captain of club and country.

However, no one has still out done Rivaldo- I remember this when it happened and it remains the no.1.