When Did The City Centre Lose Its Soul?

When did Sheffield City Centre go down the pan?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. When did Sheffield City Centre go down the pan?

1 hour ago, Bargepole23 said:

You know this is a discussion forum right. Nobody is deciding anything for anybody? Do you take this aggressive tone with people in real life?

Seems to be your thing on here  when anybody suggests a different view, question their intelligence or motive.

Anything else, other than trawling the shops? Or is that all?

Do you always tell other people that they are narrow minded because they don't visit the city centre?

Discussion forum or not,  you can discuss the merits or otherwise of the city centre without saying that if they don't visit it they are narrow minded.

You seem to be adopting the role of Sheffield's commandant and deciding what others should do.

Yes,  I do take an aggressive tone with people who just assume authority  in real life.  And even with those who do have authority but use it in an overbearing manner.

If that "seems to be my thing on here"  I would have thought that you would have avoided my posts rather than trying to dictate to me.

We've spent a lot of time and done lots of things in town besides shopping and I also used to work in town and to entertain in town, not that it's any of your business.

Time you stopped your sneering attitude just because you love town and the majority now don't.  People do what they wish   -   Not what you wish.

Edited by Organgrinder

Ive just been to the city centre and its packed

Yes its friday and a sunny day but its far from dying 

The high street is a shadow of its former self but The Moor is busling

Sheffield City Council should rename The Moor.....Sheffield High Street

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jack Grey said:

Ive just been to the city centre and its packed

Yes its friday and a sunny day but its far from dying 

The high street is a shadow of its former self but The Moor is busling

Sheffield City Council should rename The Moor.....Sheffield High Street

Glad to hear it.

Good that people can please themselves where they go and what they do

i was in the city centre yesterday (sunday), there were plenty of people out and about.

The Moor, Pinstone st, Peace Gardens, Pounds Park, Division Street, Fargate, etc. all bubbling with people. I even went down to Kelham - i've never seen it so busy!

(I ended up in Heist Brewery, for a couple of pints of 'Times New Roman' : that's a lovely beer for a hot day!)

The planting-beds down on Castlegate look stunning at the moment, i with my aliums looked that good!

Edited by ads36
  • Like 1