A Bit Of Argey Bargey

The Bibby Stockholm is said to have more than 220 bedrooms and facilities including a gym and bar

The Home Office is poised to reveal a barge as its first offshore accommodation for asylum seekers, the Guardian understands.

The Bibby Stockholm has been used “all over Europe” to accommodate asylum seekers, according to sources close to the Barbados Maritime ship registry, which oversees the use of this vessel. It currently has a gym, a well-furnished bar and more than 220 en-suite bedrooms over three decks.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2023/apr/03/home-office-to-announce-barge-as-accommodation-for-asylum-seekers

I can't see this actually happening but you never know with this government.

Your thoughts?

Just now, Anna B said:

Sounds OK to me. What's your point?

Sounds awful to me. Stuck on a barge for god knows how long? 

It might have facilities but I bet it gets awfully cramped. 

That's if this actually happens of course 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Sounds awful to me. Stuck on a barge for god knows how long? 

It might have facilities but I bet it gets awfully cramped. 

That's if this actually happens of course 

Whether its a barge, hotel, military base, airstrip its still locking people up without trial

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Racist ? Locking people up without a trial ? You’re having a laugh they are illegally here and milking our country of resources no wonder there’s a cost of living crisis and the NHS is on its arse they don’t even pay  any bills or buy food it’s all given to them as is a new mobile phone to chat to their relatives abroad and 40 quid a week for fags or whatever.